Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

We're home!!

imageimageimage

Basically as the title says... We're home! Charlie's operation on 6th Dec was a success and the lesion was removed. He has not been able to establish feeding so needs to be fed through a naso-gastro tube. I am therefore expressing on a regular basis and then giving him the milk through the tube. He is also on 2 drugs for reflux, 1 for seizures, 1 for oral thrush and finished his antibiotics for septis yesterday, all of which need to go down the tube. His reflux is pretty severe, he projectile vomits after every feed and last night I got through 3 sets of pjs. :roll: However I am just so pleased to get him home and be able to be a family at last. Abby absolutely adores him and it's so lovely to see them interact together. She squeaks his toy at him and when he smiles she squeals with laughter. That just makes him smile even broader. image I could watch them all day. Well I could if I had the time.

Thank you so much for all your supportive messages. It has been a comfort at some of my lower points. It has been quite hard spending 3 months with my children separated and 5 babies I got to know at GOSH have died. :cry: I never thought I would see that. Hopefully it will be only be up from now on.

H xx

Replies

• That is fantastic news and I am so happy you are altogether for Christmas.

I'm sure week by week Charlie will get stronger and be on less medication. James had reflux till he was one and was on meds from paeds. He vomited all day every day and it was messy and awkward but you get used to it (as does the relentless washing!)

Lovely to hear big sis Abby has adjusted well to having her brother home also. It must be wonderful seeing them both together.

Have a fantastic Christmas

Sharon

xxx
  • Hello, so glad you are all together for Christmas. I have re-joined BE under new name as I couldn't access my old account. I was 2peasinapod (hence the new name). Merry Christmas to everyone. Cally xx
  • yay fab fantastic news and home in time for christmas. no better present for mummy and daddy this year
  • I'm so happy to hear this!

It must be such a relief to finally have charlie home, and just in time for xmas.

Hope he continues to improve and it sounds like he has a lovely big sister to look after him.

Merry Christmas xx
  • It is just unbelieveable fantastic news that Charlie is now finally home with his family, all just in time for Abby's 2nd birthday, and of course Christmas image

I am totally made up for you all, I really am!

I know about the severe reflux, the non stop washing machine cycles, change of outfits, and going out with a beach towel in tow all too well!! Really hope the drug's he's on help to settle it in time and that the oral thrush clears up soon.

How long does he have to stay on the anti-seizure drugs?

Wishing you the most amazing Christmas ever.

Iz & Skye xxx
  • Oh sooo happy to hear this news! I know you will treasure having your two children together and all in time for so many special occassions! Enjoy them all! Lots of love, K x
  • Brilliant news! Hope you've all had a lovely Christmas at home together. Sooo so pleased for you that Charlie's op was successful and you've finally got your children together xx