Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hungry baby advice

Hi Everyone

I really don't want to start a debate but I'd like some advice from people who have been in a similar situation.

My ds is 16 weeks old and at the moment I just can't seem to satisfy his appetite. He is having between 7oz and 10oz each feed and is going about 2 1/2 to 3 hours in between feeds. Sometimes he just wants to feed constantly from one feed to the next. His last feed of the night is hungrier baby milk which he has between 10oz and 13oz.

I'm not sure what to do next. Do I just keep feeding him as often as he wants even if that means every hour which isn't very practical? Do I give him hungrier baby milk for every feed or do I introduce baby rice?

If you have been is a similar situation what did you do?

Thanks!

xx

Replies

• Hey hun, I'm no expert as my LO wasn't a particularly hungry baby, but as she was getting towards 6 months I changed all her feeds to hungry baby and this did satisfy her for a little longer. Maybe you could try that?? Is he feeding the same amount during the night too? I tried to cram in all her feeds in the day so that hopefully she would sleep more at night. So she always went max 3hrs between feeds during the day.

Not great advice. Maybe contact your HV?? Or GP? They should be able to give your "proper" advice.

xxx