Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long??

Hello everyone,

I found out my pregnancy was ectopic and had an operation to remove my left tube on the 15th Dec.

My hubby and I have decided that we're going to try again. I have read on a few websites that we should wait 3 months before we do, but the doctor at the hospital said we could try again when we felt ready and never mentioned the 3 month bit.

I just wanted to hear other peoples stories please of when you decided to try again, how long did you leave it etc? hope you dont mind me asking.

Thanks,

xxx

Replies

• Hi Gem999

I'm sorry to read that you've gone through this. I haven't experienced an ectopic myself. My understanding is that some doctors recommend couples to wait a few months to let the body settle back down and have a period so that they can measure how far along your future pregnancy is.

However, I believe that as long as you're ready mentally, you should be able to start trying again straight away. As I say, I have not ecperienced an ectopic so ladies that have might be better informed.

I hope I haven't confused you more x
  • It can take your body that long to adjust to being not pregnant. Sometimes it can take a while to get af. Last month was my 2nd month after mc, and I had spotting from 6dpo - thinking it was implantation but it wasn't. Doc said that it could be body still getting use to being non pregant.