Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can reflux go and come back????

Sophia was diagnosed with silent reflux at around 2 months of age, she suffered from it so much and every feed was a battle! She was given gaviscon, ranitidine and domperidone but I felt so bad giving her all this medication when she was so tiny so I stopped it and she resumed normal feeding...until now! She is nearly 5 months and hasn't been on medication for around 2 months now and she has started to have really bad feeds, she's like a bucking bronco and has started to contort herself in all different positions to feed, she's crying and grunting and in between feeds she is coughing quite a lot, she is also posseting up to 3 hours after feeds, not loads but I can see that it tastes horrid to her!! She has also reduced her milk intake to around 3oz each feed at a time when most babies are drinking more pre-weaning???

So could it be that the reflux has come back??? Help!!! Any ideas????

Replies

• It sounds very much like it has come back. I didn't like giving my Lo Ranitidine and Gaviscon but it was a godsend for her bad reflux and once it eventually kicked in (took about 6 weeks) it was amazing the difference in her. Incidentally she is now a 13mth toddler and loves her food !! I would consider reintroducing the meds ?? S
  • Yeah I think I'm going to have to try!!! I've still got all her meds, she hated gaviscon so that's out!

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to start weaning? I really didn't want to as she isn't showing any interest but she's never been interested in milk and she never shows she's hungry even after 4 hours. Is it better so wean than put her back on meds? She's 21 weeks now!