Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New years eve

What has everyone got planned? Are you leaving your little one at home? I'm leaving Jessica with a babysitter (who is being reasonable pricewise for once lol) and letting my hair down. Can't wait!

Sara x

Replies

• Were staying in as we have done the last few years, prices of things are just to much for one night and everywhere is so busy you can barely get a drink never mind a seat!

Prob be asleep by eleven anyway this year lol
  • We're also staying in just the 3 of us...Megan will be in bed but hubby and i will just have a nice dinner, watch a dvd then bed atfter the bells me thinks.

personally im not a fan of hogmany as i think its depressing as you are a year older and i think on all the people not here (sorry to be depressing lol) i dont see the point in celebrating it and cant think of anything worse than being out as its so busy, expensive, cold etc. man i sound like a right grump lol.

im quite happy to stay in with my wee family though - couldnt imagine not being with Megan when the new year starts (going to peek into her room and give her a wee kiss) as she is just the best thing to come from this year.

Have a nice night everyone whatever you do x
  • im staying in too

and noah is poorly aswell so he needs his mummy tonight (i wasnt going out anyway tho)

i just want to be with my little boy when the bells go

xx
  • Im in too, was invited out and my best friend had offered to babysit but I really dont feel like it. Hope you all have fun xxx
  • We're staying in too image Accumulated so any bottles of wine last Christmas when I was pregnant and couldnt drink them and not really been able to drink when exclusively bf ing so finally enjoying some now!
  • In the United States, New Year's Eve is celebrated with official parties and family-oriented routines. Get-togethers usually focus on shedding or raising an item during the countdown, particularly around the Northeastern. New Year's Eve is a public holiday in the United States. Since 1907, the "ball drop" in New York City's Times Square has been a major component of the celebration, and possesses already been observed through practically one million individuals every year.

• For other calendars, see New Year. For other posts sticking with the same names, see New Year (disambiguation).In the Gregorian calendar, New Years Eve , the final days the entire year, is actually on December 31.In several nations around the world, Fresh Seasons Event is widely known from night time interpersonal gatherings, where lots of people dance, take in, beverage alcohol consumption, and watch or perhaps mild fireworks in order to indicate the new year. Many people go to any watch night support. The get-togethers usually continue earlier midnight into January 1.