Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08

My BS & Update

Hey ladies as most of you know i had my Son on NYE image We have finally thought of a name for him Dylan Max image

Here's my BS its nothing long or interesting but very positive

It started on January 30th around 9pm i was having contractions every 10mins or so i thought it would stop but they got stronger so knew it was time! Called my mum who came and sat with the girls at 2am we went to the hosp for about 4am contractions were strong and regular. As a pool room was free (was only one other lady in labour very lucky) i thought id pinch it. Got in the pool and on the gas and air magic Samk laughed as it made me high haha! I got out and walked around used the birthing gym ie the ball etc on all fours you name it i tried it and my waters were going nowhere! They went first with the twins so this was all new to me :P

I managed by the grace of god to get to 8cm but my waters wernt shifting i said to the midwife i was gunna deliver the baby in its waters if they didnt break soon. So at 8cm and at 7:25 they broke my waters for me (it was very starnge and uncomfortable but had gas & air and all was good)

I planned to walk around but i stood up and more water gushed out of me i overflowed the bucket under the bed it was that bad the midwife couldnt believe it. Was going to get into the pool to deliver when the waters had stopped but as i went to go the pain gripped me and i needed to push at 7:45am and baby Dylan arrived at exactly 8:00am on December 31st 2010 6lb110z 20inches long and perfect

I had only gas & air and the birthing pool briefly in this birth and pleased i went natural....the most painful bit again for me was the head crowning and i howled at that part but didnt last long and only had one head to crown this time not 2 lol! So i was lucky it was fairly quick less than 12 hours all in and 35mins from them breaking my waters No stitches, no c-section and no tears or drugs one very happy mummy =D

However later on that day I was concerned because Dylan wouldn't feed i managed to force 2oz down him which he promptly threw back up told the midwife and she had a go and a feel of his tummy and he cried in pain. SO she sent for the peadeatric team. After a scan on New years day they found that Dylan had pyloric stenosis and blockage between the stomach and small intestine it means the stomach cant hold anything as it cant expel it and its quite painful. The only way to fix it in Dylan's case is surgery. Its not normally diagnosed until a few weeks but as Sam had it at birth and its most common in first born males they were looking for it! They took Dylan and put him in SCBU as he needs a drip to keep him hydraterd and some painkillers as it can be painful. I got a couple of photo's without the tubes one atached to ticker at the bottom of the post. I had hoped that he wo0uld have had his surgery today but it's emergency's only today because it's bank holiday (how rediculous) so hes 2nd on the list 2morrow all being well. They discharged me today though so ive nipped home had a proper bath and seen the girls for a bit and im back off to the hospital in a bit to see Dylan. I can give him cuddles as he's not in an incubtor or anythinbg but cant feed him he rarely needs changing as hes taking very little so i can wash, dress and cuddle him carefully. The girls havent held him yet but they have seen him and gave him a kiss! Ella said thank you for her brother Ruby was a bit peeved there was another one but was ok when i gave her a cuddle think she may get jelous when Dylan comes home so will have to keep an eye on her.

Havent been on here in a while but the adoption is finalised Sam is legally the girls Daddy and were a proper family im going to change my name by deed poll in the next year then we all have the same surname =D

So there you go thats me all updated will let you know how surgery goes 2morro!

Love to u all and ill be looking out for ur BA mummychop image

Eve, Sam, Ella, Ruby & Dylan

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/jvzR.jpg

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/jvzR.png

http://lb3f.lilypie.com/ydzM.png

xxxx

Replies

• So glad your baby boy arrived safely but such a shame he is in scbu. At least it is something that is easily fixed. Also good that sam had it so they knew what they were looking for iykwim. At least you are able to have cuddles, so different to when you, me, iz, and jess had the girls and josh. He will soon be home and all this will be a distant memory and your family will be complete
  • So glad your baby boy arrived safely but such a shame he is in scbu. At least it is something that is easily fixed. Also good that sam had it so they knew what they were looking for iykwim. At least you are able to have cuddles, so different to when you, me, iz, and jess had the girls and josh. He will soon be home and all this will be a distant memory and your family will be complete
  • Aw lovely story, how did Dylan's surgery go? Hope he is soon home with you all x