Forum home Babies Baby

Newborn crying in sleep - any experience?

Evening girls,

Wonder if you can help a first time Mum feel better, my lo is 2 weeks old today and quite often appears to cry in his sleep, did anyone else experience this?

It is really upsetting me as he seems distressed image

Any feedback gratefully received.

MrsH xx

Replies

• all the time. DD made lots of random noises in her sleep, and crying was one of them. shee always woke up smiley though so unless she woke herself up crying i used to just leave her too it xxx
  • Thank you for replying.

It is just really upsetting me as he really cries out like he is in pain and I don't know if he is or not?

Being a new mummy means so many worries doesn't it!

xxx
  • First of all congratulations!

My LO is 17 weeks old and used to cry in her sleep all the time when she was just days old. It was heartbreaking! She also had a couple of what I think where night terrors, where she would scream out loud in her sleep, like a blood curdling scream. It was awful.

I checked on her every time, but each time she was still sound asleep. I would say as long as he is still

Being a first time mum is so nerve wracking eh?! You are doing great! Xxx
  • My LO has done the smae Ruckie's and let out a blood curdling scream in his sleep - it was horrible!!

• My ds is 7 weeks and still does it hun. I quickly get up to check him and he's fast asleep. I don't remember ds1 doing it though.

Xxxx
  • thank you all for replying, you have made me feel so much better.

ruckie5 - thank you hun, you have made a new mum feel alot better image