Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

clingy baby help

I'm hoping someone can give some advice.

My 20 week old is soooo clingy, he just wants to be held all day and I can hardly put him down. I've tried all sorts, he sits in his bumbo in the bathroom while I have a shower which buys me 5 minutes of peace, he has a play mat, a vibrating rocking chair, a door bouncer - he likes them all but will only stay in any one for 5 minutes at a time - I just can't get anything done.

I've tried to get dressed and ready to go out 3 times today but he's screamed so loudly to be picked up that I've given up trying and me and ds1 are still in jammies. I can't bear the sound of him crying any more.

Please don't anyone patronise me by telling me to enjoy the cuddle time (yes, I know that soon enough he'll be too busy for cuddles) and that the housework can wait (believe me, the housework is waiting, the place is a bombsite) but I need to get dressed, get ds1 dressed, prepare meals, wash clothes, check emails and play with ds1 - these are not things that can wait until ds2 gets over the clingy phase. Also a sling isn't much of a solution because my laundry room is too small to fit in with a baby attached and I won't cook or use knives etc while wearing the bambino.

There must be something I can try??

Replies

• jumperoo? DS wasn't happy in anything until we got him a jumperoo!
  • I feel for you I really do, mine has only just started being a cling on at 35 weeks & im putting that down to teeth.

Before now she has been fairly easy to entertain for half hour slots.

I agree Jumperoos are fab, Lily got one for xmas & I know she is safe in there while I nip to loo etc... however now I think she might be teething she only likes it if your sat with her.

Can your LO sit up in a high chair yet, I used to get all my kitchen jobs done by putting her in the highchair with tray & toys attached & she was happy to watch me.

God it's so hard I know, sorry xxxx
  • mine is similar at 3 months now he will sit in bouncychair for 30 mins so i bathe with him next to me do housework etc while he goes in chair.

This means i dont get alot of time to play with him as he only sleeps on me in the day so i do what i can wen hes awake.

How old is your other child cn he entertain him whilst you do your jobs?

If im needing the toilet etc i do let him cry as like u if i had another i wouldnt be able to run straight away.

Hope things get better. I wish i could get someone like the baby whisperer in to help me get it right lol