Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

moving to north wales, can anyone advise me which area would be best? thanks!

hi living in lancashire at the moment, moving to north wales soon with my partner and our 3 children. would really appreciate it if anyone could advise us on which area would be best to move to, we want a nice area, near to a primary school as our eldest in nursery. also be good if it was by shops and places to take the kids. we dont like rhyl. i hope someo image ne can help x

Replies

• Hiya,

We've just moved to France from North Wales! We lived near Mold, my son went to secondary school there. It's a nice area, close enough to the A55/Chester etc. Mold is a lovely little place, market on a Wed and Sat. Lots of school - there's good walks and a country park (Loggerheads) within 5/10 of the centre. There's a Tesco, Lidl and Aldi in addition to the high street. There's a new Morrisons open about 5 miles away and there's an Asda in Queensferry.

I don't like Rhyl either! My Mum lives in Prestatyn and that's nice, I also have a friend in Kinmel Bay - her little girl has just started school and she loves it there.

If I can help at all drop me an email - I grew up in North Wales and know it from Mold/Chester to Bangor really well!!!

Good luck

Sarah
  • thank u for ur advise thats a great help as going to try find a house in that area and it does sound suitable for the kids. we did find a lovely house but it was in a village miles from shops and nothing for young kids so dont think it would be suitable it was llangollen, clwyd. dont think there would be many mum friends in the village either x
  • do u know of any private landlords in the area u mentioned or how i could get it touch with them? thank u and wish u all the best in ur new home in france x
  • Oooh, Llangollen is well out of the way of pretty much everything!! It's a very beautiful area, but quite difficult to lead anything other than a quiet life!

I'm sorry I can't help with any private landlords, we've rented our house out....there's an estate agents called Keystone in Connahs Quay, the guy who owns it is brilliant, it might be worth ringing him to see if he knows of anyone.

Happy hunting! xx