Forum home Babies Baby

Baby bump after (emergency!) appendix op!

Hey Ladies,

Not been on here for a few days after an emergency op to remove my appendix last Monday image( But am now confined to the sofa and having everything done for me - feels quite strange not to be running around at 90mph!!

But anyway, my question is more for those ladies who have gone on to have a baby following abdominal surgery; I got away with a laporoscopic (i.e. keyhole) op, so have only got three little lines where they went in. However, all are on my belly which will be considerably stretched with the next planned preg. We are hoping to TTC in the late summer and so would (hopefully!) have an expanding belly towards the end of the year... would the scars be OK? Not pop open on me or anything equally gruesome??? And does anyone have any tips on keeping them soft and supple?

Ta!

S x

Replies

• oh dear what a week you've had!

i had an appendisectiomy ages ago though but had a c section 12 months ago and expecting our next in july, my little scar didnt affect me last time and my c section scar is fine this time, i use boots dermamum for my stretch marks and scar as bio oil never worked for me, there are loads of things on the market but its more personal preference x

hope you recover quickly
  • Hi, hope you're recovering OK. I had an appendisectomy about 10 years ago. They didn't do keyhole then so I had a scar about 2 inches long. Now I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my first. My scar is a bit longer but hasn't popped yet! Also a few midwifes have seen it and didn't seem concerned. I've been bio-oiling (or asda's imitation) daily all the way through. Good luck x