Forum home Babies Baby

Constipation

Hi

My lo is 20 weeks old and is suffering with constipation at the moment. He's obviously in discomfort with it and is not having much milk as he should as a result. I was at the doctors on friday about another matter and asked what I could do and he said try brown sugar in water!!! I'm sure we're not supposed to give babies sugar. Am I wrong in thinking that? Anyway I've tried massaging his tummy like I learned in baby massage class and have tried to give him water which he will NOT take. Have you any other suggestions?

xx

Replies

• I'm not sure if you FF, but there is often a comfort formula that is supposed to help constipation that might be worth a try?

xxx
  • Have you got an old school doctor? My mum was given that advice when i was a baby and i am 27! No i wouldn't recommend giving babies sugar. Are you BF OR FF? If you are FF'ing then you could try switching to comfort milk which helps constipation? My lo is 7 months refuses to drink water and the comfort milk really helps xx
  • Thanks girls. I am ff now so might give the comfort formula a go. I went to see this doctor when I was struggling with breast feeding to see if he could give me something to increase my supply. He said there was nothing he could do and I should see it from the mans prospective and that it might be nice for my husband to do some feeding. At the time I just took it but thinking back I should have spoken to someone else insteasd of feeling all the guilt of giving up bf.