Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone have a water softener at home?

Hey ladies and babies!

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has a water softener at home and has conceived a baby girl. Reason I'm asking is that all of the girls I know who have a water softener have baby boys including me... Just curious to know whether this is just coincidence...?

CP xx

Replies

• Coincidence I'm sure! We have a water softener and I have a little girl x
  • Wow, I'm glad to hear that MrsKP! Talk about "something in the water"...

I'm still interested to know if there are any other ladies who have a water softener and a baby girl!

Thanks xx
  • Do you mean a water softener attached to your mains supply or do you mean a water filter, such as Brita?

Reason I ask is, if its a proper water softener, I believe you're not meant to drink water that comes through it & certainly not use the water for baby's bottles due to high sodium levels.

But if you actually mean a water filter, yes we have one & we have a a baby daughter. x
  • I mean a water softener attached to the mains supply. Yes I have only recently heard about not drinking the softened water, but I don't think we have a hard water tap (previous owners fitted the softener)! We've been drinking the softened water for 5 years... I figured that if it was that high in sodium, I'd be able to taste it?? Luckily I breastfed my son for a year so I don't have to worry about what was going into his baby bottles LOL!