Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help with baby beef stew

Hi can anyone help, i'm a pretty crap cook & just need some help with the basics of beef stew cos all the bloody recipies I read are different.

Forgetting the veg do I coat the beef in flour then fry it in oil or simmer in water / stock?

Would you then add veg & leave it in the pan or stick it in the oven to casserole.

God i'm useless!

:roll:

Replies

• Options
    I'd start by frying onions in oil, then coat the beef in flour and add it to the onions. Make sure all the beef is browned and then add veg/stock. Doesn't matter if you leave on the hob or casserole it in the oven, whichever is easiest for you. But whichever I do, I tend to do for several hours, so that the beef is so tender it falls apart. HTH xx
  • Options
    I make my good ole Irish stew. Fry onions in a pot then add mince & beef pieces & fry until cooked. Throw in potatoes, carrots & parsnips & add boiling water until you can just see it coming up through the veg. Simmer for a good couple of hours & add a little bit of gravy & tomato pur????e. Then mash, my Dd loves it!!