Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

swimming

hi i was wondering if anybody has been swimming with toddlers we are going swimming tommorrow with all 4 children mollie who is 22months hates baths at the moment its just a phase she is going though and christopher who is 3yrs has his moments with the bath one day he likes baths and the next he dosent the other 2 i dont have problems with water i was wondering how i can make it go smoothly and easy as possiable anyone got any ideas how i can do that
Code:

Replies

• Hi Emma, we regularly take ours swimming the youngest two both go to mum and baby lessons too. Just don't expect too much I say, and if you have to get out in 5mins be prepared. Do they have a baby pool there? They have a really shallow one near us with different toys/slide etc which is great for lo's. good luck I think its so good for them!
  • hi yeah they have a baby pool my friend is coming with us so there is a adult to 1 baby/toddler as the old 1 is ok so we can watch him as we as deal with the little ones they do a parent and baby/toddler group at the pool we are going to so thinking about taking them there when its on my friend is good said that she will come with me so that there is some1 to help me as my husband is a bit shy going to parent and baby/toddler groups in cass he is the man thank you for yuor suggestions i will take a toy with me they ahve got some ducks that they like
    Code:

• Hi Emma, we sometimes each take a child into their lesson and Terry took Luka when i was heavily pregnant with Luka, he is sometimes the only man, but usually is made a fuss of!!!
  • i go swimming with my riley and he takes one of those plastic balls in (like found in ball pools) and hes happy chasing that about. he was abit uncertain at first and yes you prbs wont be in for long but each time they get better and before u know u - u have to drag them out like i do with riley now lol
  • I take Bronwyn swimming and we are always in at least 40 mins as she refuses to get out!!! She gets all stroppy when i lift her out of the water!!!
  • hi all i just wanted to tell you all how swimming went it went really well better than i expected the kids really enjoyed it christopher cried a little when we first went in but he calmed down after and mollie went straight in and loved it the only thing mollie didnt want was the baby seat that they sit in she wanted out all the time im really proud of my children as they did really well
    Code:

• oh thats great! We went this morning to. To a different pool with slides/wave machine etc. I was worried how the lo's would be with it all going on but they loved it!!
  • I have taken Laex swimming a few times and he absolutely loves it as he can move himself in his blow up ring.
  • I have just taken Hollie for the first time and she loved it. We were in the pool for half an hour, and only got out because she was rubbing her eyes from tiredness.
    Our pool has a session just for parents and under 3's, and they filled the pool with ducks and toys etc. She got so excited, and giggled like mad.