Forum home Family life & relationships Childcare & work
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

starting another lot of maternity leave soon after returing to work

hey ladies...bear with me as im a little confused...

1st Q...Holiday entitlement adds up while were on maternity doesnt it...?

2nd Q...im due back off maternity end of AUG(full yr off)...and am now pregnant again...so will be around 27/28 wks preg when i go back....i think!!(only know for a day so bit iffy on dates)....Could I...for example...go back for like a week or two...then take my whole holiday entitlement and then start maternity leave with the new bubba?? (coz u can go on maternity as soon as 29wks cant u??)

im like 80% sure im not going back after the new bubba so dont mins having less off after...

what u all think...am i on the right track?? x

Replies

• Hey,

I am going through kind of the same thing i had my little boy in august last year and now due oct this year.

I am talking to my hr dept at the mo trying to sort out what I can do, i am due back at the begining of July, so I am hoping to take my holiday that is owed to me for the whole of june and first couple of weeks of july and then take 4 weeks of unpaid parental leave to take me until I am 29 weeks. if I cant do this then i will use my holiday in june and go back to work part time for 8 weeks, then leave for mat leave again!

Maybe talk to your HR team, I am going to go into work after my 12 week scan for a meeting and find out my options.

• yeh thanks hun...am gunna wait till after 12 wks to tell work...so guess i'l have a word with them then...

just SCARED about what they'l say!!!
  • I am scared about telling my manager, i might get my HR team to tell him lol.at the end of the day you are legally entitled to MAT leave. x