Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fao angelheart

Hi Hun was wondering how your getting on? X

Replies

• hi gemlou

i will be 5 weeks 6days tomorrow but they say my hormones are not going up at the rate they want them to and to expect a miscarriage or blighted ovum. i am still getting cramps on and off and they have been particularly bad today with backache( although i regularly get backache so nothing new there). so i am just waiting now for a bad outcome either way. thanks for thinking about me, i have been keeping up with your threads too xx
  • Angel heart I'm so so sorryimage have they not scanned you?? Surely they would be able to see something now? Are they just keeping you waiting? I really understand how devastating it is, my thoughts are with you xxxx
  • Angel heart I'm so so sorryimage have they not scanned you?? Surely they would be able to see something now? Are they just keeping you waiting? I really understand how devastating it is, my thoughts are with you xxxx
  • they scanned me at 5+1 and saw a sac in the right place but it was too early to see anything else. got a scan next wed which seems like forever away. She said a blighted ovum and miscarriage would show a sac when they scanned me and were more interested in the fact the hormones hadnt gone up as normal x
  • Hiya angel heart, just wondered how you got on today Hun. Thinking of you xxx
  • Hope your ok angelheart xx
  • HI LADIES

went for rescan today at our clinic and i am none the wiser! the nurse didnt know how to zoom in and had to ask the sister. it was really unclear and they said they could see a fetal pole and the sister said she thought she could see some fluttering which she thinks is the heart beat, but again not sure. They said its measuring 6 weeks but to be honest i am not at all convinced by their scanning skills and i think at 7 weeks you cant always accurately date?

they said to go back next wed.

i am going to ring my local hospital tomorrow that did my scan 2 weeks ago and see if they will rescan me.

What do you think ladies?
  • Well thetas quite positive, although I can't believe that they couldn't scan properly??!! If your hospital won't scan can you go privately ?? You can normally get in same day! At least then you would know for definate. Fingers crossed Hun !!!! Have you any symptoms still?? Xxx
  • I really hope that this is good new for you hun. I know how scary these early scans can be from previous experience and two weeks will feel like an eternity. I think you should see if you can get it done elsewhere xx
  • my clinic where they scanned me yesterday is a fertility clinic and our treatment is private. i called my epau this morning who did the 5 week scan and she is going to re scan on monday so fingers crossed x

forgot to say, got sore boobs still but i didnt have any symptoms with my son so i am not worried x
  • G/C to ask if the scan was an internal or external? As when I had a scan at 7 weeks due to bleeding, the external scan could only see the sac, and then they only saw the heartbeat when I had an internal. Also, I didn't have any symptoms other than sore boobs either.

Massive amounts of good luck for Monday X
  • scan was internal, i am not going to worry anymore about it i have decided. what will be will be, no amount of stressing will change the outcome x