Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Red rasperry leaf tea

Hi all I suppose this post is a bit pointless but thought I would share it with you as A, im not sure if its 100% accurate and B, if it is thought some of you might like to try it aswell.

Me and OH are in our early 20's and have our first fertility clinic appointment in May (if they don't cancel for the 4th time) so im obviously getting pretty fustrated ATM so decided to have a browse of the web and have found that red rasperry leaf tea is a powerful fertlilty-promoting herb and tones the uterus and muscles of the pelvic region. So went out and bought some from holland and barret.

I've also bought red clover as it promotes estrogen production and which may enhance fertility in women and boost estrogen levels in women with estrogen deficiencies.

Not sure if this will help any one but thought I would share it just incase by some miracle it works for me.

x

Replies

• Iv gotta b honest never heard of it but hey anything is worth a go!!! X x
  • g/c raspberry leaf is renouned for tonig the uterus and pelvic muscles, infact it's recommended for most pregnant women (36weeks+) to help tone the muscles and thus help to achieve a shorter/quicker labour and delivery...not heard of 'red' rlt though? only heard of raspberry leaf (in capsules or tea)...i took it as a tea in the last weeks of pregnancy with ds, but couldn't with dd as not recommended after a cs...i also think it tastes ok too (can sweeten with honey)...it's not recommened at all in early pregnancy though, so u would have to be careful if using whilst ttc that u stop at any possibilty of pregnancy as if the womb does try to contract at all it will be made stronger because the muscles are stronger (which is why it's used at end of pregnancy), so could induce a miscarriage....lots of luck xx
  • It can also help increase the blood flow to the uterus and perhaps thicken the endometrium, which is why I take it (plus it tastes nice!) but WoWbabies is right - because of its effects on the muscles of the uterus it shouldn't be taken in early pregnancy as there's a (perhaps theoretical) risk of miscarriage.

Good luck hun!
  • Hi folks,

I just wanted to add that I would avoid anything which boosts oestrogen too, as the biggest cause of fertility problems is ovulation malfunction, including pcos and that causes an increase in oestrogen. So unless you definitely know you are deficient in O, I wouldn't start messing with hormone balances.
  • Yes, I wouldn't take raspberry leak tea until late pregnancy as it can make your womb contract which is definitely what you don't want ttc x