Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

omg fertility buddha

about 5 weeks ago i gave my fertility buddha to a woman who had been ttc for 8 months, shes just emailed to let me know she is now 3 weeks pregnant! maybe the little fella does help after all, i really think he helped me. shes gonna let me know when she finds out babies sex as i told her i think he only produces boys ( on the basis of all mine being boys)

Replies

• Options
    Think you better pass it round a few on here then Claire! x x
  • Options
    Oh wow, i remember you telling us when you just joined about your fertility statue i'm so glad it's helped someone else!! xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    em i agree i need some help in that department
  • Options
    jade, we are clearing out the loft and somewhere i have a small fertility pendant, if i can find it i will let you know, hopefully it hasnt long been lost! but it is tiny so i will do my best!
  • Options
    thanks claire that sounds great
  • Options
    keep an eye on ebay, they sometimes pop up on there as well
  • Options
    yes they have some on ebay now iam having a look
    looking
  • Options
    I got pregnant, against all medical odds, while writing my dissertation on the Green Man, I was even writing about the fact that he is often used as a fertility icon!We still have an image of the green man hanging in our bedroom!! oh-er!!
  • Options
    going to sound realy dum now what is one of them
  • Options
    is it that chalk man on a hill with the HUGE willy?
  • Options
    You know gargoyles that appear on old buildings and in churches? well a Green man looks alot like them but has leaves coming out of its mouth or eyes. they are believed to be of pagan origin and have been a fertility symbol for centuries! Certainly worked for me!
  • Options
    hehehe Claire! not quite but i believe they are related in origin!!
  • Options
    i thought it was that man in devon or somewhere he is meant to be a fertility symbol,
  • Options
    thanks em claire you made me laugh i have heard of him to fae to travel to thet it a shame if it was closer i would
  • Options
    try www.mikeharding.co.uk if you want to see what one looks like!

I have known of a lot of people that buy ornaments or jewellery/pictures with the green man on when trying for a baby!
  • Options
    emerald is meant to be a fertility stone as well, get him to buy you a emerald ring jade!
  • Options
    he is out at the min you wait till he gets home lol
  • Options
    Jade, he's not going to know what's hit him when he walks in and you start talking about, buddhas, green men, man with BIG Willy, THEN 'oh by the way you have to buy me an emerald'!!
  • Options
    lol the funny thing is i call him my buddha cuz of a photo a couple of years ago
  • Options
    he'll be checking the house for drugs and vodka!!