Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hot weather

Poor abbie is really suffering with her teeth and the heat she wouldn't go to bed when we put her down at 7pm she was tired but did nothing but scream got herself in a right state had to get her up she finally gave in at 10pm then she started cry 30mins after that but was still asleep bless her we have got a fan in our bedroom so put it on for her to keep the room cool for her

How are your children coping with the hot weather

Code:

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Replies

• Hi Emma, it is only supposed to last today then back to sunshine and showers and alot cooler here for rest of the week. The boys had a fan on last night too. Luka had a 1tog sleeping bag and a vest on. If I didn't have the fan I would have just put him in his sleeping bag naked. Hope you all got some sleep in the end?
  • Ah bless her, this weather isn't nice for little ones. I put jd to bed in just his nappy and sleeping bag and we had fan on all night last night, nothing else you can do tho really. Its alot cooler here today so hopefully sunshine will stay but not so hot. Hope abbie is ok today x
  • Bless her, Hollie is the same crying in her sleep when i go into get her thinking she is awake she startles when i touch her. I put her to bed in a nappy and her pyjamas and leave her out of the blanket in the hot weather. She seems ok that way. xx
  • i have been putting abbie in a bodysuit for bed she normally sleeps just under a sheet but she has been kicking it of so last night i didnt put her under the sheet, its not as hot today just warm she ok today with this kind of weather were it is warm but has got a breeze
    Code:

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • i've just ordered Luka a 0.5tog sleeping bag, as he is still really warm when he had a nap earlier he had a 1tog bag on and was naked. The weather is set to cooler from tomorrow anyway!
  • Bronwyn is sleeping in just her nappy and sleepsuit. Her room is the coldest in the house and is just about OK at the minute! I have ordered her 2 rompers today as they should be a bit cooler for playing in at home!
  • luka's lived in his rompers the last few days! They are so cool and he looks cute! Got a nice little monkey one from next and some stripey ones in mothercare!
  • Mine are from Next! They should arrive tomorrow!!
  • In the daytime if we are at home Hollie usually just has her nappy on and sometimes a vest. Our fire has been out a week but the house is still boiling hot. We are going to have to get a fan for her bedroom though for the summer.