Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Unsettled with the heat?

Anyone elses lo's suffering with the hot weather?

Poor Madelyn seems to be unsettled due to the heat. She is 7 weeks on Tuesday. Usually it is nappy change and feed every three hours, roughly, with sleep and/or play in between. The last 2 days she has been pooing every hour roughly, but when changed is used to a feed so demands food, and is all confused and upset. She cant settle into a sleep and has started crying - she is normally a very contented happt baby who only whinges for food, during nappy change etc. I seem to be constantly breastfeeding and changing nappies, including through the night last night. Hope tonight is better!

Replies

• Hi, for what it's worth my 16mth old DD has had heat exhaustion today with very runny poo-ee nappies and very upset with it all. Try dressing in loose clothes or stripping down to nappy so baby is not too hot. Try substituting a couple of breastfeeds with a bottle of preboiled water as baby will be de-hydrated and in need of fluid rather than food. Keep bedding light, a sheet instead of a blanket, or leave it off. Hopefully you'll see an improvement. Good luck
  • It could be the heat so keep her cooled but also at 6 weeks they tend to have a growth spurt, my dd used to feed 3 hourly but it dropped to 1-1.5 hourly which resulted in lots more dirty nappies at 6-7 week mark & again around 10 weeks.
  • Thanks ladies, weather has cooled and Madelyn is more settled. Think it was a growth spurt too! x