Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I know I should already know this, but.....

It has just hit me that I am going to have a baby. I know I probably sound like a crazy person, seeing as I am 27 weeks and 2 days pregnant and have known about my pregnancy since before I even missed my period. Still, it has just sunk in, properly sunk in. Im due in 87 days, so in less than 100 days the baby will be here! I may be freaking out a little.

Replies

• Don't worry too much, it's not uncommon for the 'reality check' to arrive in your third trimester when birth is just around the corner. It's just as common for partner's to not fully appreciate it until the hospital bags are packed, your baby's bed is all set up and your due any day to bring your new arrival home. I'm sure you're better prepared than you give yourself credit for, make the most of the time remaining to pamper yourself too, you'll feel so much better on the day.
  • I know what you mean...I have periods where it really hits me too! We're having babies!!! Can't wait! Zxx
  • I don't think the reality of it all has hit me yet ... I'm at a similar stage to you as I'm 27 weeks and 4 days and it still all seems pretty surreal that I'm having a baby in around 12 weeks!! ... I'm sure I'll be like you and all of a sudden it'll just hit me (hopefully before my waters break :lol: !) x
  • I know what you man even though this is my 3rd i still am amazed that i am having a baby it's a natural feeling so overwhelming!