Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sleeping bag question

Hi,

My little boy is 5 weeks old, and he was given a 0-6 month 2.5 tog sleeping bag as a birth present.

Given that that will in theory do him till September, and we live in south-east London, does anyone know if that level of togs will be okay for the summer? I suppose we can adjust his clothing slightly - he currently always has a sleepsuit and vest, even when we had that hot spell, we just reduced his. Blankets.

We need to decide whether to exchange it soon, so thought I'd garner thoughts now...

Thanks,

Lxx

Replies

• We've just stopped using our LO's 2.5 tog sleeping bags and moved onto 1 tog.

If you have a look here: http://www.lilimay.com/baby_clothes/grobag-guide.php you can see what level of clothing should be used with the different togs of sleeping bag, based on the temperature of the room.

I found in the warm weather we had to put our LO in just a short sleeved vest and her 1 tog sleeping bag, but now it's gotten cooler again she's in sleepsuit/short sleeved vest and sleeping bag.

If I was you I'd probably change it to a 1 tog as you'll get more use out of it, and they're a bit more versatile for the spring/summer (it's easier to add layers underneath a 1tog than remove layers from underneath a 2.5 tog).

K x
  • it depends what temp it is, for a while we had a 2.5 but with LO just in a vest, then we had a 1 tog and vest then when we had all that really hot weather it was just a nappy
  • We're using a 1tog now with the warmer weather. Personally, I'd exchange it either for a 1 tog or for a 2.5 tog in a biggar size.

xxx
  • Thanks girls! Will have a word with the SIL tomorrow about exchanging it!