Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fibroids/ infertlility

Hi all,

I haven't been on here for so long, I think my last post was last year!! Anyway a brief history..

Started TTC in 2006, fell pregnant in 2009 had mmc in 2009 and no luck falling pregnant again since then image

Since mmc I found out I have several small fibroids which now make sense when I think of all the symptoms I have had over the years and could have accounted for the mmc ( we don't know for sure.)

we started going down the fertility tests/ IVF route - all tests came back ok so they put it down to 'unexplained infertility' but now a new GP is saying that the fibroids could be the cause of the problem. Does anyone have experience of this?

He has referred me to another gyneacologist to discuss surgery because of the pain I am in. This is in the hope that the fibroids will be removed and return my womb to its normal sixe (at the moment my womb is the size of a 10 week pregnancy bacuse of the fibroids!) Most of my aunties have had hysterectomies due to fibroids so I am scared about that. I know there are other surgery options but would appreciate talking to someone with experience.

Thanks

Kathy

Replies

• Options
    Didn't want to read and run, but I don't have any direct experience of fibroids. I have a work colleague who suffers and she had one successful pregnancy (and was in her late 30's) but suffered repeated m/c's when trying for their 2nd. But at least they seem to be getting on top of our problems now. Good luck x