Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Not The Best Day.......

As days goes today isn't up there with the best of them.....

I went off to Kings Lynn all ready for HSG thinking it was just a formality and one more thing off the list to be told....

Sorry I couldn't get any dye through the left tube and although i managed to get some into the right it came back out and I'm very doubtful that it was able to get through....

Shocked is not the word....I now have to wait and see what will happen at my appoint in July, are we going to be able to have the chance to see if they can unblock them or not as we have the girls would that be fertility or investigations....we will still get hubby's test done but.....

I feel like my world has fallen apart I am numb with it of all the things this wasn't one I had even thought about!

Well maybe our journey for little one number 3 is coming to an end after nearly six years......

Will let you know any updates we get.....

A very heartbroken Mummy H xxxx

Replies

• oh sweetheart, i dont know what to say to help but just wanted you to know that i am sending much love to you. x
  • Aw hunny i dont know what to say i can only imagine how you must be feeling but please dont give up hope there are still lots of other things and avenues for them to take.

Keep us updated hunny

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Oh no, that's rubbish my lovely. Try not to write everything off just yet though as there is obviously treatment for blocked tubes and it might be something they can go ahead with. Thinking of you xxx
  • Thanks girls, it's lovely you have all said such lovely things.

We have been talking this through and we have decided to call it a day, we have looked online and read up and it seems that they may or may not say we can try and unblock them by surgery, well after the horrendous time we had last year after the laporcospy where they didn't check the tubes - was in the middle of af, where they thought they had damaged my bowel and I ended up with CT scans and five days in hospital we just can't put ourselves through that.

Yesterday my little girl said "are they going to cut your tummy like last time and will you be here when I get home" how can I take the risk and upset her and maybe for nothing....

We have to be honset now, even if they did do any surgery there is still the very high risk it won't work and then if it did we have to keep trying and with the info around MC and unblocking tubes with the prev mc thats jsut one hurdle too many.....

I now know I cannot get pregnant and the last 6 years have been in vain with so many heartbreaking cruel moments we just have to let go and just somehow deal with it all and just get on with our lives.....

It is going to be very hard and I have been in endless bouts of tears but finally I have to put this all to rest.

Thank you all sooo much for all the help and advice and support over the last few years i have loved talking to all of you and will keep an eye on you all but may have a long break for now to somehow deal with this all.

Much much love Mummy H xxxxxxx
  • A difficult and heart breaking decision for you. I wish you and your family all the happiness for your future xxx
  • MummyH, I just want to give you my HSG story. I had two HSG's and both showed that my left tube was completely blocked as no dye at all would go through.

However, a lap and dye showed that the tube was clear and dye flowed through freely. I was later told that often, if the dye doesn't appear to go through at all (i.e. not even part-way), it means that the muscle at the entrance of the tube has gone into spasm. This can happen if you're tense at the time of your HSG. It looks like this is what happened to me as obviously during the lap I was out cold and therefore no tension to make my muscles spasm.

I don't know if this helps you or not, but hopefully might give you a little reassurance as you move forwards and take that much-needed break.

All the best x