Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Spray tan during pregnancy

I've never had a spray tan before because I would normally have a couple of sun beds (only before special occassions I'm not addicted to them). I've got a wedding to go to and my dress is quite pale so would like to have a bit of colour. Is it safe to have a spray tan while pregnant? I'll be 19+3 when I need to get it done. I've tried to google it and getting such mixed reviews as you seem to with everything! :?

Replies

• Hiya, I have always had spray tans while pregnant and so have my friends. I am off to a spray tan party next week and will be having one. They have never done us any harm x
  • Thanks Torch! Interest is a nightmare to find out what is and isn't safe during pregnancy. Because nothing is sset in stone it's more people's opinions. Do you need to do a proper exfoliation before a spray tan? I've not had one done before
  • I queried this a while ago and I was told some places will not spray your bump. Not sure why but I decided not bother and used the gradual tanning moisturiser.
  • Just re read my reply and realised I must have typing dyslexia! Sorry that meant to read the internet not interest!

Thanks Madam B, I think I'll go without the bump being sprayed aswell. I'm rubbish with those gradual tan moisturisers. I used the johnsons one and the dove one years ago and managed to go streaky, no idea how!
  • Hiya, I've always used home fake tan during pregnancy if I hae an occasion and its been fine.I have a wedding in a few weeks and am going to one of those spray tan booths before it. I rang the lady and she said it was safe and a lot of pregnant women use it, and that it only takes 75 seconds, result lol! I'm thinking of taking a bump band with me though to cover my bump.

I think the main concern is that your skin might take a reaction to it in pregnancy, I think especially if you cover bump theres nothing to worry about x
  • heya ,im a beauty therapist. spray tans are safe in pregnancy but only after 12 weeks ,however sum brands advise not to ,, just check with your salon .the only thing is they may not come out the same as befor3e pregnancy cuz ov hormones so it may not take in some areas. it would never take on my tummy n chest for me but i did find a cream tan that did xx
  • definately exfoliate absolutely everywhere on the day. It will last longer and not go patchy. Then moisturise ++ after every shower all over to keep it going as long as poss. Id probably have it done 2 days before the event, as the initial look can be a bit much x
  • Hi

The only risk with any beauty products is that you react differently or are more sensitive than you were pre-pregnancy.

Perhaps to be safe get one done in advance to check you don't break out in a rash.image
  • definately exfoliate absolutely everywhere on the day. It will last longer and not go patchy. Then moisturise ++ after every shower all over to keep it going as long as poss. Id probably have it done 2 days before the event, as the initial look can be a bit much x

I would also advise painting your nails so they don't stain xx