Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

long af's

hi ladies, I have been ttc for about 6 months now after coming off the pill in january, I know in the scheme of things it isnt that long but I was just wondering if any of you had heard of this happening,

Basically I came off the pill in January and since then I have had fairly normal cycles averaging between 28 and 32 days, the only problem I have had is that my afs are quite long , first couple of months they were around 9 days long which is not bad as I was the same before i went on the pill but then they have been getting longer and longer until this month when it lasted for 15 days!

I have been to my gp who said that it is just my body getting used to being off the pill and nothing to worry about and that cos my cycles are a normal length i could still get pregnant but may have to bd as soon as af finishes, which is fine.

Really I just want some reassurance from any of you ladies who may have the same problem, and have either had children before or are pregnant now.

thanks ladies hope this all makes sense.

Replies

• Hello, I can sympathise wioth you as I have always been irregulkar and have always had long AF's only mine last about 4 weeks, longer sometimes! And although it ended in miscarriage I fell pregnant very quickly after startiing TTC despite having long AF's so don't worry. I think a lot of it is down to luck as since my MC I have been ttc for 1 year. the positive thing is my af's are normal length since the nc (4-5 days). If I were you i'd give it a bit longer but if things don't settle just go back to your doctor. Good luck xxxx