Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is anyone else TTC after coming of the pill??

Hi Girls

I was wondering if any of you are TTC after being on the pill and if so how have u been trying for or how long did it take u??

I was on pill for 9 years n still waiting for true period but we didnt wait for it just started trying as soon as i came of the pill!! (way to excited) lol

xx

Replies

• Hi,

I was on the pill for 9 years and came off it in May last year. I had the withdrawal bleed and then we started trying. We were really lucky and got our BFP in June last year, so first month trying. Our little man was born in March this year.

We were very lucky but it can happen! Good luck xx
  • I was on and off the pill for about 10 years, I came off the pill last summmer but only started trying from January this year. This is my 7th cycle of ttc, FC it's the one! Hope you get your BFP soon xx
  • I was on the pill for 13 years. Had a withdrawl bleed in April. Had a natural period 26 days later in May and then got my BFP on the 9th June.

So took us 2 cycles of ttc x
  • hi anna, i too just stopped my pill and cant wait, i haven't yet had a true bleed, it was almost nothing, so not sure myself. When we had our second daughter it was first month of trying and 3 months after i came off the pill!
  • Hi

I have just come off the pill after about 9 years on it. I am on cycle 2 now, had my withdrawl bleed and then a 37 day cycle. I think I am about to ovulate so we will see what happens, hopefully I can be as lucky as some of the other ladies who have commented image

xx
  • Thanx for your comments...feeling alot more postive abt it now!! Im nearly at the end of my 1st month!! Have got a test waiting lol

Did any of you not get any symptons n just tke a test!?

xx
  • I didn't really have any symptoms apart from feeling a bit sick. That was what made me think I might be pg, although hubby was convinced it was all in my head! I tested on cd33 (before I went on the pill my cycles were about 35 days long so I wasn't sure whether they would go back to that or be 28 days ish).

xx
  • the only thing what made me feel like i should do the test was the fact what i thought was a period was very light and not like i would expect, so i tested to make sure, it was a BFP and must have been implantation bleeding, which was on and off for ten weeks!!! I hope it happens just as fast this time round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....good luck x
  • the only thing what made me feel like i should do the test was the fact what i thought was a period was very light and not like i would expect, so i tested to make sure, it was a BFP and must have been implantation bleeding, which was on and off for ten weeks!!! I hope it happens just as fast this time round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....good luck x
  • Hi there

Im new to this, just joined image

Ive just come off the pill about 2 weeks ago and had a withdrawal bleed straight away. Been experiencing some lower right tummy cramps / twinges on and off for past 3 days (now gone) which started the other night when me & my partner...image Felt a bit tender on one side during it but ive felt discomfort sometimes before since i became sexually active (about 8 years ago), never all the time, just now and again usually about a week or so after my period, but feeling it more now im off the pill i think (so emotional right now I could be reading into everything wrong) im quite a small person so assuming it could all a bit cramped down there but got endemetriosis in my mind or could it be ovulation pain? Then again, im taking ovulation tests and technically im not ovulating yet so how prior in advance to ovulating would you feel pain?

Im seeing the doctor tomorrow but i wondered if anyone else had anything similar, was on pill for 3 years, started a year after an abortion and everything was fine and back to normal period wise before started the pill. Everything as given the OK after my aboriton too so I know I was fertile back then, so worried its gone wrong! Also, don't want the doctor to turn round and think im over reacting, surely theres going to be some aches and pains after years off adding hormones to your body or am I wrong?

Sorry for the questions and essay, just wondered if anyone had any experience they could share image not got anyone I can really talk too as I'm the first out of my friends to start trying after the pill! The pill I was on was Trinovum by the way! xxx
  • I had the worse lower tummy pains i have ever felt even had to take pain killers which i never do!! But they did go after few days!! Most things i read on here and other sites says most people get them!!

Xx