Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Will I need a double buggy?

Hi There,

I have just found out that I am pregnant and my DS will be 21 Months when baby is born. Will I need a double buggy or will DS be able to stand on buggy board and walk most of the time?

In your experience, how much do they walk at this age before they get tired and do they still have naps in the day?

Also, can anyone recommend a good double buggy?

Many thanks in advance! :?

Replies

• congratualtions

we will have nearly 19 months when this little lady decided to make an appearance! we have a double buggy, what you need to consider is weather your child still naps, how well and how far they can walk which varties greatly with age and how well behaved they are walking, also how often would you use it, ie are you gonna be going out a lot with both children on your own? also buggy boards are not reccemended until a child is 2, you can get ones that are a step so LO can sit when tired but no good for nodding off, this really is individual to your child,

DS was an early walker and can now walk quite a distance but likes to wander and wont just walk by my side, he also still naps in the day too and i dont fancy carrying a 25lb toddler when he gets tired! i go out a lot in the week so for us a double was essential, my friend will have a 22 month gap she doesnt use her buggy much and will probably use a sling if her toddler needs a nap in the pram but they are considering a cheap double stroller

it probably worth waiting to see how your LO gets on over the next few months with walking x
  • Hi my DD will be 21mths old when her sibling is due this Sept and we are planning on a double pushchair. Whilst she can walk short distances, longer trips or days out will see her tire and we don't want to be faced with carrying her sleeping, deadweight frame whilst pushing her bro/sis. Her cousin is 13mths older than her and he still needs a pushchair on days out which has helped us in our decision. We are looking at the Graco duo stadium (largely owing to having a Graco carseat which we could use with it) but there are others out there. It all depends on what style you are after (side by side there doesn't seem much suited to newborn as front and back) so browse the stores.
  • My DD will be 2 and a half and we are doing the buggy board although still have reservations as to how it will work if she decided to play up. Did go and have a look at double buggies but decided not to buy one !! Dont think I would of got away with it at you toddlers age as she just liked to run off in the opposite direction !!
  • We had 21 months between our two and Abby is a good walker so we decided not to get one. On top of that Charlie didn't get home from hospital until the day before Abby's 2nd birthday.

However we lasted about a month. Abby was at the age that she would suddenly run off in the middle of a supermarket and I would have to leave Charlie to dash off through the crowds to get her. The double allows me to "tie her down". On top of that we do quite a lot of walking so even Abby needs to sit down on a 7 mile walk (although she managed 4.5miles yesterday - not too bad for a 2.5 year old image ).

Anyway we bought a 2nd hand Nipper 360 off Ebay and love it. We even use it in preference to our beloved Bugaboo.

H xx
  • We had 21 months between our two and Abby is a good walker so we decided not to get one. On top of that Charlie didn't get home from hospital until the day before Abby's 2nd birthday. However we lasted about a month. Abby was at the age that she would suddenly run off in the middle of a supermarket and I would have to leave Charlie to dash off through the crowds to get her. The double allows me to "tie her down". On top of that we do quite a lot of walking so even Abby needs to sit down on a 7 mile walk (although she managed 4.5miles yesterday - not too bad for a 2.5 year old ). Anyway we bought a 2nd hand Nipper 360 off Ebay and love it. We even use it in preference to our beloved Bugaboo. H xx

I'm so glad you said "tie her down"! I always feel so bad for saying that about DD but it is actually like that xx