Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding

MOVING ON?????

HI,JUST WONDERING HOW EVERYONE MOVED ON FROM BOTTLES TO BEAKERS,CUPS ETC

I HAVE 8 MTH OLD TWINS AND HAVE TRIED THEM ON BEAKERS WITH THE TEAT MATERIAL THAT IS RECTANGULAR,BUT IT JUST GOES EVERYWHERE.HAS ANYBODY TRIED ANY GOOD ONES????

THANKS image

Replies

• hi I put the almost exact post on here a little while back!

I have twins and have been trying to move on from bottles, but it takes a lot lot lot longer than the books tells you, more so with twins cos you cannot give the one on one support as easily.

We've tried loads of things, and at 12 months we're still using bottles. We have the Avent spout which they'll have a little bit of milk or water from when they're not desparate, we have TT free flow, Doidy, plus others, but no real success with any. To get them to have water a regular straw in a cup seems to be working OK, but as for the milk feeds I just am letting them get on with it themselves now. I've always thought there were things I'm supposed to do, but i'm letting them guide me on this. By that I mean for example I was trying to reduce the milk they had in the day - they've just done it when they were ready, so I'm letting them guide me on this too.

good luck
  • hi,this reply has only just come,but thanks for replying.i am still using bottle for their milk feeds as well because they wont have it in anything else!at mealtimes i have started using them beakers that the health visitors give you but with the sippy top off and that other top that just has a little hole in (if you know what i mean lol)and they really like using that so fingers crossed we will get there!