Forum home Babies Baby

24 weeks gestation

Please pray for my friends little girl. She was born 16 weeks early yesterday morning weighing 1lb 10oz, but so far is doing ok. I can't begin to imagine how my friend and her husband are feeling. x

Replies

• I hope she comes on ok. It must be a very worrying time for your friend and her family. My both daughters were born at 34 weeks and it was very worrying for us so I can't imagine how your friend is feeling. 16 weeks is very early but the baby is in good hands with the medical staff.
  • fingers crossed x
  • My daughter was born at 34 weeks and is fine and thriving. A girl I was in hospital with (I was in for 6 weeks before I had my daughter due to placenta praevia) had her daughter at 24+3 and is doing well. She has had a fair few problems but the medical staff in special care units are amazing. Best of luck for your friends little girl, wishing them all health and happiness x
  • Just to give you an update on my friends baby.

They've called her Keira Dawn and she'll be 4 weeks old on Tuesday.

Obviously they've had their good days and their bad days (glad to say more good than bad), but fingers crossed she seems to be fighting.

She's taking tube feeds of expressed milk really well and has been fighting the ventilator to breath on her own so they extubated her 2 days ago and now she's just on the CPAP.

• Thats great news. She must be a wee fighter.
  • Thats excellent news, our LO was born at 30 weeks weighing 2lbs 6.5 ozs and has just turned 1!! He has no problems at all and is perfect

Sending big hugs and love as I know how hard NICU can be, tell them to take each day as it comes, the Mum must be expressing too which i itself is togh, but tell her to stick with it. That was my way of gaining some control over such a hard time, I just expressed every 3 hours for 8 weeks until he could feed, I knew that that was the best thing I coudl do for him

Chin up and lots of love xxxx
  • She sounds like a little fighter. Xxx
  • Just to let you all know, my friend has been told she and her husband need to watch the resuscitate a baby video, bring the pushchair in for test driving and generally prepare themselves, which generally means they're a matter of days/week from Keira coming home :0)

• Just to let you all know.

14 weeks ago today Keira was born at 24 weeks and 6 days gestation weighing a tiny 1lb 10ozs........today her parents got to take her home - weighing 4lb 13ozs and 1 week before her due date.

Miracles can happen
  • Thats absolutely amazing - so glad shes home.
  • Just read this whole thread for first time and sitting here in tears! My gorgeous boy is snuggled up in my arms and i feel so lucky to have him. He was overdue and we had to stay in hosp for a week as he was put on antibiotics for an infection, so we were under scbu care. I found it so hard that we couldn't just go home, so i can't imagine what it must be like to have such a small, poorly baby.

So good to see it all turned out well, lots of love to them all.

xxx
  • Lovely news, taken me ages to come back and check on this thread and so good to come back to such amazing news, lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx