Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

So annoyed I may cry =(

grrrrr some people!!

Those of you that are friends with me on facebook may have already seen but those that are not.....

I said the other day that if baby was still breech then I planned to try and have her turned, if this didn't work then I planned to put my foot down and deliver her naturally. I really don't want a c-section. I know that she has plenty of time to turn but I want to be prepared for the worst, just in case.

Someone on facebook told me that I may want to rethink the turning and then went on to tell me all about her horrible labour after trying to turn her baby. Someone said there are risks with trying to turn her and delivering breech.....do these people think I am stupid?

Its not something I have just decided to do, its something I have looked deeply into and feel is right for me. I know there are risks but there are risks with a c-section too but they seem to be forgetting this.

I am so pi$$ed off that people are judging me, making me feel like I am putting my baby in danger. I really really want to avoid a c-section but if they tell me its best for the baby then so be it.

Am I being hormonal?

Replies

• no, I don't think so. It seems folk will have an opinion on anything 'baby', and feel they have a right to express them at will.

Mine's currently transverse, but I'm trying not to worry too much. Even with your POSSIBLE c-section, we both have AGES for our little tikes to behave.

Has your midwife given you any tips for helping the baby turn? Mine said to spend as much time as poss on all fours! I've also got a birthing ball to bounce on, as I think that's supposed to help too- not sure if it does, but I feel like I'm 3 and riding a spacehopper, so I'm definitely up for giving it a go!!
  • Hay torch,i did see what was put.At the end of the day its you body,your choice and don't worry what they say.I worked with someone who delivered her twins naturally and they were both breech( 21 years ago).My friend also had her ds breech(three years ago)so its possible.Hope your ok.x
  • TRying to turn a breech baby has a really low sauccess rate. Aren't there risks to the babys limbs with a breech delivery? I think its up to you what you do, providing babys health comes first, but tbh if you put such personal and controversial info on facebook you've to expect comments!
  • TRying to turn a breech baby has a really low sauccess rate. Aren't there risks to the babys limbs with a breech delivery? I think its up to you what you do, providing babys health comes first, but tbh if you put such personal and controversial info on facebook you've to expect comments!

See this is exactly my point! People assume I don't understand the risks involved. This is not something I have just decided on a whim, it is something that I have fully looked into. People seem to be forgetting that there are risks for larger women having c-sections. I have already been told I am not a great 'candidate' for a c-section, that the risk for me is higher due to other medical issues. Women have delivered breech babies for many years with no problems. Just because it's not the done thing now does not mean its not possible
  • You have the right to make the choices about your body, everyone will have a different opinion but its your choice. My friend gave birth (naturally, vaginally) to a full breech baby, she was folded in half little soul, and there were no complications and no after affects to my friend at all. Just wanted to give you a positive story xxx
  • and I don't think its exactly 'personal' these people have followed my pregnancy from the start, a lot, like me are angel mums and a lot opted to have a c-section after losing their babies but for me, I would rather avoid it. As I said on facebook all advice and opinions are welcomed but I would appreciate not being judged for something I have researched. There are risks with everything in life
  • You have the right to make the choices about your body, everyone will have a different opinion but its your choice. My friend gave birth (naturally, vaginally) to a full breech baby, she was folded in half little soul, and there were no complications and no after affects to my friend at all. Just wanted to give you a positive story xxx

Thank you for not judging me. Its so hard as I feel like I should just have a c-section because its what everyone is telling me to do. This pregnancy hasn't been easy as it is x
  • i think id have made the same decision hun. my mother delivered my brother breech and it was fine. my aunt did the same with my cousin and it was also fine. of course there are risks but a c section is an operation and id just as soon avoid it if possible. try not to let other peoples comments bother you.

re trying to turn the baby, have you looked into moxibustion? ive heard good things about it and its supposed to be painless as well. xx
  • It's your call and just because someone else had a bad experience doesn't automatically mean you'll have the same. I know my hospital will not attempt any delivery of a breech baby except through c-sec but that is just the way my hospital operates. It is possible and if it's what you want then you should be allowed to try. Everyone will have they're opinion torch, if we were all to put down our birth plans on here you can guarantee they'll all be different in some way not that it's any problem, we just have different wants and needs. Consider their words advice hon, they've given it, you don't have to take it.
  • G/Cing as I saw this on the side of the page...

I'm not judging your decision at all. However, this is why I don't put anything so personal on FB - it's no one else's business hun. I hope everything goes well.