Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Possibly not ovulating....

Hi girls,

Very new to this website and I am needing a bit of support and/or advice.

I came off the pill in November last year, so i have been TTC for almost 9 months.

My periods were a bit odd straight away after coming of the pill, however for the last 3 months I have hardly had a break; Bleeding for 7to9 days and then having 2to3 days with no bleeding and then it happening again.

Understandably I am extemly frustrated as I have no idea when im ovulating or which is my actual period.

So, I went to the dr's yesterday and she said that she doesn't think i'm even ovulating yet, still from being on the pill!! I was quite shocked as I didn't realise this could be the case. She is sending me for some blood tests next week to see if anything is wrong, however i had these done only in may and it was all normal.

I am intending on getting a fertility monitor within the next couple of weeks, as I think i am ov, just need something to tell me I am now.

Sorry to waffle on, i'm just in need of some reasurance, if anyone is going through the same i'd be very grateful for some info, and obviously to give supoort to others going through the same thing

Thanks

Emma xx image

Replies

• I have the opposite problem - no periods at all. Have had two in the last year. All I can say is do try to be patient - let the doctors do their exploring and see what they find. They may well be testing for something different this time. I've had two sets of blood tests and they were looking at different things all related to infertility (a label they use if you've been trying for a year or more - not a permanent state of being - not that I tell myself that often or anything!!!)
  • Hi very quick one as I'm due back to work but didnt want to read and run! I am not convinced I ovulate so have got a clearblue fertility monitor to try and track. I know the pill can take up to a year to settle back down but it must be so frustrating bleeding with so little break. I can't offer any more advice unfortunatley but the ladies on this forum are lovely (I'm relatively new myself) and very supportive. I'll post a bit more detail tonight when I get home xxx
  • I have the opposite problem - no periods at all. Have had two in the last year. All I can say is do try to be patient - let the doctors do their exploring and see what they find. They may well be testing for something different this time. I've had two sets of blood tests and they were looking at different things all related to infertility (a label they use if you've been trying for a year or more - not a permanent state of being - not that I tell myself that often or anything!!!)

Bless your heart hun that must be very frustrating also as you cannot tell at all whats going on, at least you are able to DTD, as my OH is very funny about it.. if you catch my drift! :roll:
  • Hi very quick one as I'm due back to work but didnt want to read and run! I am not convinced I ovulate so have got a clearblue fertility monitor to try and track. I know the pill can take up to a year to settle back down but it must be so frustrating bleeding with so little break. I can't offer any more advice unfortunatley but the ladies on this forum are lovely (I'm relatively new myself) and very supportive. I'll post a bit more detail tonight when I get home xxx

thank you very much for quick response. I look forward to getting to know many of you better. image
  • My OH would be funny about that too. So frustrating for you. I hope they are able to sort it quickly - that or your body gets the right idea as soon as possible!!!
  • Hi Emma,

I'm more like Munchie in that I have very long cycles and so get periods rarely. They are starting to be a bit more regular and hopefully the Agnus Castus I am taking now will help.

I can only really say the same, be patient and keep your fingers crossed that your body starts to normalise. It can take a long time for the pill to completely leave your system and get back to normal so its not something that should be ruled out straight away. Fingers crossed they are testing for something different and will quickly be able to sort it. They can do a lot of wonderful things these days just dont let them fob you off with false information (not that they would!) or anything.

I've got a Clearblue Fertility Monitor as I'm not sure whether i ovulate or not, so I've got that to try and pinpoint it. Havent got to use it yet though :roll:.

Just to join in, i think my hubby would also be a bit funny about it :lol: lol xxx

Let us know how it goes xxx
  • lol.... yeah i completly understand why he's funny about it but as Munchie said its very frustrating for me! :roll:

Yeah gonna wait for results of blood tests and see what happens then get a CBFM i think!

Thank you for the info and support. Like I said before, i hope to get to know more of you soon image

xxxxxx