Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Controception Pill

Hello ladies,

This was a hard topic to know where to post lol! But im sure there are loads of you out there that are coming off the pill or going back on the pill.

I have struggled to conceive for nearly 3 years so this month i had enough and went back on the pill on the 5th july the strange thing was i had a brown bleed and slight cramping all the way through untill my weeks break that started on the 27th of july. I rang my GP to ask why i was having the brown bleeding and cramping and she said it was just my body getting used to the pill.

The thing i wanted to know if anyone new is on your weeks break are you most deffo ment to have a period? I know its not a true period. And what do you do if you dont have a period in that 7 day break?

Be great if anyone could get back to me.

Good luck to everyone and your plans hoping you all get your BFP soon image

Lots of love

xx

Replies

• if you havent missed any pills ect then they say (the docs,lol) it is unlikely you will be pregnant BUT, this happened to me and i tested like 3 weeks later as i didnt have any bleed at all and i then found out i was almost 8 weeks pregnant!

you could test and if your not pregnant then your next af will probably show in next 7 day break. which pill are you on tho as this might be the reason you had no af- the mini pill can stop your periods x
  • if you havent missed any pills ect then they say (the docs,lol) it is unlikely you will be pregnant BUT, this happened to me and i tested like 3 weeks later as i didnt have any bleed at all and i then found out i was almost 8 weeks pregnant! you could test and if your not pregnant then your next af will probably show in next 7 day break. which pill are you on tho as this might be the reason you had no af- the mini pill can stop your periods x

Hey thanks for getting back to me.

Well i missed 1 pill out off the hole pack and that night we did have sex lol. When you didnt have a bleed in your 7 day break did you start taking the pill again or did you just leave it untill you did have a bleed?

Im on cilest. I have been on it before about 3 half years ago and i didnt have any brown bleeding and as soon as i stopped for my 7 day break my period basikly came the next day after the 24 hours protection was up. But today is the 2nd day without anything. I dont know if thats coz im older now and my body has grown or what lol! x
  • so you are into the 2nd day of your 7 day break today?

I would see how the next 5 days go and see if your bleed does happen. i did carry on taking my next pills as i hadnt missed any and didnt think there was any chance of being pregnant!-how wrong was i-she is 6 years old now,lol

if by monday your bleed hasnt happened, could you pop to see gp and ask his/her opinion.i expect they will ask for urine sample so if you do probably best to take one with you from first morning urine incase they do want to test it for pregnancy x

let me know how you get on xx
  • so you are into the 2nd day of your 7 day break today? I would see how the next 5 days go and see if your bleed does happen. i did carry on taking my next pills as i hadnt missed any and didnt think there was any chance of being pregnant!-how wrong was i-she is 6 years old now,lol if by monday your bleed hasnt happened, could you pop to see gp and ask his/her opinion.i expect they will ask for urine sample so if you do probably best to take one with you from first morning urine incase they do want to test it for pregnancy x let me know how you get on xx

Yeah 2nd day into my 7 day break. Even my fiance said today how comes you havent come on yet? Even he remembers from last time i was on the pill that after the 24 hour protection was up i started my period near enough straight away. Yeah im abit warey about going to my GP for pregnancy tests. I had a bad experince where they done one said i was pregnant but they told me to do one the next day from a morning urine and it said i wasnt then i had blood tests and it said i wasnt so makes me think that all there tests are abit dodgy if you know what i mean? Awww bless her how cute hehe. Ive read that if you carry on taking the pill knowing that you could be pregnant it can cause problems with the baby so thats why i might just leave it if i dont have a bleed. But i did miss one pill so thats why im abit like oh god haha! But i will wait till the weeks break is up and see how it goes image Thanks for your advice and i will let you know image

x
  • Actually sorry this is actually my 4th day of my 7 day break coz my break started on 27th so thats day 1 aint it? and its now saturday 30th x
  • so you are into the 2nd day of your 7 day break today? I would see how the next 5 days go and see if your bleed does happen. i did carry on taking my next pills as i hadnt missed any and didnt think there was any chance of being pregnant!-how wrong was i-she is 6 years old now,lol if by monday your bleed hasnt happened, could you pop to see gp and ask his/her opinion.i expect they will ask for urine sample so if you do probably best to take one with you from first morning urine incase they do want to test it for pregnancy x let me know how you get on xx Yeah 2nd day into my 7 day break. Even my fiance said today how comes you havent come on yet? Even he remembers from last time i was on the pill that after the 24 hour protection was up i started my period near enough straight away. Yeah im abit warey about going to my GP for pregnancy tests. I had a bad experince where they done one said i was pregnant but they told me to do one the next day from a morning urine and it said i wasnt then i had blood tests and it said i wasnt so makes me think that all there tests are abit dodgy if you know what i mean? Awww bless her how cute hehe. Ive read that if you carry on taking the pill knowing that you could be pregnant it can cause problems with the baby so thats why i might just leave it if i dont have a bleed. But i did miss one pill so thats why im abit like oh god haha! But i will wait till the weeks break is up and see how it goes Thanks for your advice and i will let you know x

Not to worry hun my AF came today this morning thank god! I was panicking abit like whats going on coz last time it happened straight away lol! Thanks for all your help tho image xx
  • no problem, good luck when you do ttc xx
  • no problem, good luck when you do ttc xx

Thank you hun x