Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

The Pill

Hello ladies,

This was a hard topic to know where to post lol! But im sure there are loads of you out there that are coming off the pill or going back on the pill.

I have struggled to conceive for nearly 3 years so this month i had enough and went back on the pill on the 5th july the strange thing was i had a brown bleed and slight cramping all the way through untill my weeks break that started on the 27th of july. I rang my GP to ask why i was having the brown bleeding and cramping and she said it was just my body getting used to the pill.

The thing i wanted to know if anyone new is on your weeks break are you most deffo ment to have a period? I know its not a true period. And what do you do if you dont have a period in that 7 day break?

Be great if anyone could get back to me.

Good luck to everyone and your plans hoping you all get your BFP soon image

Lots of love

xx

Replies

• My bleeds when I was on the pill were always a lot lighter than when I am off the pill. I'd be inclined to think it's your body adjusting.... If you didnt get a bleed then I'd do a test jic!! Sorry to hear you had been ttc for so long, that cant be easy at all! Did your gp not offer any help?! xx
  • My bleeds when I was on the pill were always a lot lighter than when I am off the pill. I'd be inclined to think it's your body adjusting.... If you didnt get a bleed then I'd do a test jic!! Sorry to hear you had been ttc for so long, that cant be easy at all! Did your gp not offer any help?! xx

Yeah i was on the pill about 3 half years ago but when i had my 7 day break my period came straight away as soon as the last pill of 24 hour protection was up. But this is the 2nd day without anything so far. But the bleeding i had while i was taking the pill was brown so thats not a period. Yeah all the offered was tests witch we had and wer both fine. So nothing else much i can do apart from wait x
  • I was on the pill for 5 years and sometimes i wouldn't bleed until 3 or 4 days through the pill break, and sometimes not until i was back on the pill for the 3 weeks.

If the doc has said that it's prob just your body getting use to it, as it's the first month (i know it's hard) but try not too worry. I would worry if its the same next month or the month after image

xx
  • I was on the pill for 5 years and sometimes i wouldn't bleed until 3 or 4 days through the pill break, and sometimes not until i was back on the pill for the 3 weeks. If the doc has said that it's prob just your body getting use to it, as it's the first month (i know it's hard) but try not too worry. I would worry if its the same next month or the month after xx

Yeah thats what the GP said but tbh i was on the same pill about 3 years ago and never had any off this and liturally as soon i was on day one of the 7 day break my period came straight away. Im just finding it abit odd lol. Whats the point in taking the pill if ur guna have periods threw it? Haha thats the whole point of why i went on it to stop my period at a certain time in september for my engagement party so i hope that doesnt happen lol. xx
  • Not to worry girlies my AF came this morning thank god! I thought something was wrong because off the brown bleeding all the way through and then my AF not coming straight away like it did a few years ago when i was on the pill. Panick over tho haha. Thanks for all your help xxx