Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello - it's been a long time

Hello to you all, it has been 7 months and I thought I would come back and say hi and share with you all what has been happening... and also of course to see how you all are and to celebrate your lovely babies, which I was unable to do before.

I have seen some familiar names... Mrsloader, Beckywoo, littlewolf, cookies and cream - forgive me if I have missed anyone out.

So, firstly the happy news, Joshua is an incredible baby. I am so blessed, he is beautiful and happy and a completely relaxed, giggly character who adores swimming (which is good for me being a scuba addict!). He is my reason for smiling truly and has lived up to his namesake... Saviour many times over.

His father needless to say is still absent and this is prob a blessing to be honest and I am getting on fine alone.

As you will recall my Mum was diagnosed with cancer last September. I was ignorant, I believed that losing a parent was the most awful thing that could happen; alas no, cancer is something that I cannot even describe.

Both my Mother's chemos failed to work. She was an incredible woman and I am so grateful to have had her as my Mum. She fought and was positive in the face of all the adversity. She played tennis during her chemo. She was the first person to hold her grandson and he brought her immense joy. Last month I rushed to have Joshua christened as we were tild my Mum only had a couple of weeks left. Joshua was christened at home and my Mum being stoic and determined as ever, despite not having eaten for weeks made it out of bed and came downstairs and sat for almost 3 hours to be present... she said to me she wouldn't have missed it for the world.

My Father and I cared for her at home as she wanted and she was loving and strong right up till the end. She never shed a tear. Five days after Joshua's christening Mum passed away. She died in her own bed in the arms of my Dad and I and we comforted her. I am honoured that I was able to be present and give her my love.

I am sorry this is detailed; I feel I owe it to myself and my Mum. And although everyday I wish she were here to be a Grandma I know that Joshua will always feel her love through me.

I hope you are all well.... as I said I know it has been a long time. You helped me through my pregnancy which was a very joyous but difficult time.... I thank you so much for that.

I will post a pic of Joshua and I as soon as I can.

Lots of love and hugs, Tamsin and Joshua x

Replies

• O hinny, it's so sad that you lost your mum, though at least it's a comfort she got to meet your son, even if he won't remember.

As you can tell, none of us really post in here anymore, but we are much much more active on Facebook, we have a secret group that only we can see the posts in, it's completely secure and secret so we can share photos in peace. Please feel free to come and join us, add me as a friend and I'll invite you in, I'm cylie Patchett, I'm the only one so easy to find!

Always nice to have someone new to talk to