Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Hyperthyroidism?

Hello ladies, i hope it is ok for me to join you. DH and I have been ttc for 17 months now and we've started the process to try find out why we've not conceived yet.

I was just wondering if anyone on here knows anything about hyperthyro????????idism? After several GP appointments and blood tests I've been referred to an endocrinol????????ogist and I don't really know what to expect... has anyone had any experience?????????

Thanks

Vx

Replies

• hello welcome to TTC xx me and hubby have been TTC for 2 years now and were in the process of investigations. Im afraid i dont know much about hyperthyroidism except it can cause some problems with the ovaries.

I hope you get some answers soon x
  • Hi Vass - I'm afraid I too know nothing about hyperthryoidism - hope the drs are able to let you know more soon. We've been TTCing for 14 months - PCOS, irregular cycles are the issues we know about. Just waiting on hubby's test results. The ladies here are really lovely, encouraging and definitely understanding of the journey we find ourselves on.
  • Hiya,

I cant offer much either - only that it is an overactive thyroid gland and can be treated fairly easily but they will usually do further investigations to find out if there is a reason but it can affect your fertility.

I have hypothyroidism and was started on thyroxine about a year ago, hoped that this would be the answer to not being pregnant........but obviously not!

Hope you dont have too long to wait xx
  • Thank you all for your replies! I guess I just need to find some more patience!

I've been reading up a bit and it seems our bfp is some way off yet...

Thanks again, I hope those elusive bfps around just around the corner for us all xx