Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long does colief take to work?

Hi,

Following some very helpful replies to an earlier post I have deduced that my poor little boy does indeed have colic. Nothing I have tried so far seems to help so I have bought some Colief and am into my second day of using it.

Can anybody tell me how long it takes for it to start working if it's going to?

i don't want to stop using it until I'msure it's not helping.

Thanks all

Wendy

Replies

• Cant take up to 4 days hun, its brill stuff and will work, if it works get it off your doctor as it is expensive xx
  • Yes, same here. George was better after couple of days on it, and now after a week he is a much happier baby and is starting to sleep better in the day.

I would try and keep it going for a while longer.

Good luck

• I posted to this but it's gone...?

I said as the other ladies did - it takes a few days but the difference is definitely noticeable. I tested it by not giving it to Hugo for one day and it was a horrendous day so it obviously does something. I dread having to wean him off it!

It's fiddly to administer (I'm breast feeding) but find that the best way for me is to put a little amount (I use less than the recommended couple of tablespoons of expressed BM) in to the tommee tippee cups which fit in to the little newborn bottles so the mixture doesn't get 'lost' in the bottom of a big bottle, and give it to Hugo at the start of each feed. I found that he was always too worked up about having a feed to sit quietly and take it off a teaspoon as they recommend (when he is hungry he gets frantic and really kicks up a fuss!). It's a bit of a faff doing organising it but the difference really is remarkable.

I too get it on prescription as the price is exorbitant and we manage to get through a bottle a week!!

Good luck!
  • I posted to this but it's gone...?

I said as the other ladies did - it takes a few days but the difference is definitely noticeable. I tested it by not giving it to Hugo for one day and it was a horrendous day so it obviously does something. I dread having to wean him off it!

It's fiddly to administer (I'm breast feeding) but find that the best way for me is to put a little amount (I use less than the recommended couple of tablespoons of expressed BM) in to the tommee tippee cups which fit in to the little newborn bottles so the mixture doesn't get 'lost' in the bottom of a big bottle, and give it to Hugo at the start of each feed. I found that he was always too worked up about having a feed to sit quietly and take it off a teaspoon as they recommend (when he is hungry he gets frantic and really kicks up a fuss!). It's a bit of a faff doing organising it but the difference really is remarkable.

I too get it on prescription as the price is exorbitant and we manage to get through a bottle a week!!

Good luck!
  • its fab stuff, we have gone from next to no sleep in 24 hours and constant screaming to a settled contented baby! image took a couple of days to take effect x
  • Is it ok to use infocol  aswell as colief ? 👶🏼