Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

4 year old gets up all night.

My son is 4 years old and has not had a problem sleeping until now. He goes potty, brushes his teeth, and has story time every night at 7 and then goes right to bed for me. About a month ago he started getting up when I was going to bed and then 4-5 more times after. I'm now 4 weeks pregnant and the constant interrupted sleep is taking it's toll on me. when I put him back to bed he goes right back to sleep, wish I could say the same for me, but it seem to be more frequent as time goes on. Last night he got up 7 or so times and then would not go back to sleep once it was 530 AM. He quit taking naps some time ago, it was just impossible and I'm worried he may not be getting enough sleep ether.

Replies

• Options
    have you tried a reward chat? at 4 years old he will get the idea of it, so for every night he stays in his bed all night he gets a sticker and at the end of the week if he has say 4 or more stickers he gets to chose a present/toy/comic??

is he tired enough at 7? could you move it forward by 15 mins so he goes to bed at 7:15 and explain to him that 7:15 is a big boys bedtime but he must stay in his bed otherwise it goes back to 7-15 mins extra to him may make him feel very grown up image

xx