Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011

First AF

Hi ladies, Jazmine is 8w old today! Time is flying!

Just wondering when you get your first AF after having a baby? I've been getting some tummy cramps on and off, but nothing as yet??

Any ideas?

Zxx

Replies

• with my first it was 6 months, I came on almost immediately after stopping breastfeeding.

This time I haven't even stopped bleeding from the birth - 9 (almost 10) weeks on.... been to dr several times and they say it can take a long time for some women to stop bleeding... nightmare!!!!

I am desperate to return to normality image
  • Thanks ladies.

Roo - my bleeding stopped after about 5 weeks, then started up again for a few days, I was told to slow down as doing too much can prolong the bleeding a bit. Just keep an eye on it....thankfully mine has stopped now.

I guess my AF will show up soon, not looking forward to having periods again!! image

Zxx
  • Well, 8w and 3 days and the witch has showed up!! Not looking forward to having periods again!! :cry:

Zxx
  • Bless you - hope it's not too bad. I'm not looking forward to periods again (although my mum said hers weren't as bad after she had a baby).

I'm still bleeding from birth, but think I'm almost finished - then I hope the fact I'm still partly breastfeeding will hold off the witch :lol: