Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weaning - Tips and Advice Needed

Hi,

I,m going to start weaning my little girl soon and am looking for some tips and advice etc.

Also, can anyone recommend any good weaning books. I've seen a few on the main shopping

sites but they're quite expensive, so if anyone knows of any within a skinflints price range,

I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks image

Replies

• The Contented Little Baby Book of Weaning by Gina Ford is supposed to be a good book. Don't know the cost though. I know of a free ebook http://www.weaningyourbaby.com I have nt read it yet so cant tell you what its like.
  • I have Annabel Karmels but she also has a website with loads on
  • I got both of the above books when weaning my toddler 2 years ago - but they didn't really tell me much that the health visitor or baby groups hadn't already. And as for the recipes - you can find them for free on the internet if you're on a budget! If you don't want to spend the money you don't need to. Your health visitor should give you some leaflets / print outs at your weaning visit anytime from 10 - 16 weeks. Or do you attend any groups?? Your local sure start centre should also be running weaning classes. Hope that helps x