Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012

Movement ...

Are many of you ladies that are due at the end of the March feeling any movement yet ? I'm 14+6 and keep thinking I feel something - but then I trump! Ha ha !!! So I'm guessing that is just wind. I've heard you feel things earlier 2nd time round so am hoping I'll get some movement soon ... although my placenta is anterior (again!) - so disappointed as I felt like last time with DS I really missed out as I didn't feel as much movement as I should - and now its going to be the same. Boo hoo image

Replies

• Ha ha!!

I havent felt anything low down yet where I'm expecting to feel it. I was 17 weeks with my daughter so I'm hoping it will be soon!!! x
  • hahah trump!

i have felt baby a few times but obv in good position and much stronger (noticed this at scan, a lot more physical than

my first baby!)
  • I'm pretty sure your midwife will check the heartbeat anyway at your 16wk check ... but am sure she will do it for you anyway if you ask x
  • When I turned 16 weeks I started to feel little pops which I think were the baby. After feeling them I think I may have felt them earlier just not as often as I seem to be now, mostly on an evening.

I sometimes feel them when I'm sat down above my belly button. Is it not too early to feel them this high up? I think I sometimes feel squirming about a little bit too??
  • my tummy feels like a washing machine, i get motion sick from baby swinging around in my tummy lol

this baby is the opposite of my 1st baby!
  • I get that washing machine feeling too. A bit like being on a roller coaster. I get it mostly at night too. Exciting.

I heard my baby's heatbeat yeasterday too and will be doing tomorrow with the midwife. Very cute...made me cry.
  • I'm 19 weeks with my second and I'm still not really feeling anything! Just the very occasional movement. Been about 1 week and a half since I felt anything now. This does ofcourse make me super worried, but now I am soon to have my anomally scan (next tuesday) so trying to be a good patient girl till then and won't pester my midwife with my 'worry' as I now she'll just say something like "oh they're all different, just wait till your can"