Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Am I doing the right thing?

If Henry is gaining weight and having 6-8 wet nappies a day he is doing fine! He would not sleep through if he was hungry. He is a big boy who needs his food but because he is sleeping so well all night, he needs to eat lots through the day.

My baby is 7 months and started food 4 weeks ago. She feeds 2 hourly through the day and 2-3 hourly at night. It isnt comfort suckling, she loves her milk. If you added her feeds day and night she'll be feeding the same as Henry. He has to fill up somewhere and he is doing it all day.

Speak to your health visitor but i doubt they would say he should be weaned under17 weeks as you said. Their tummys arent ready, even for rice under this age. There is nothing wrong with your milk, he is gaining weight and sleeping through. You are doing a fab job.

I don't know what to suggest for the screaming. My baby does that too and doesnt stop till i feed her. Ignore other people. It would be easy to put a bottle in his mouth to stop him crying and the starts but that is not what you want and good on you. I agree with you as well about not leaving him to cry, he only wants you and his milk. I have a 4 year old and have been through this with her too and believe me it does end. Keep up the good work. You are doing a good job! x

Replies

• he definatly would not be sleeping through if he was hungry, you lucky thing! i would guess he is being very efficient at stocking up and eventually this will shorted and the feeds will become less frequent, you have many more growthspursts over the next month or two that for us blurred into one another so it could be just this and as he is a big boy getting what he needs, your doing a fab job, maybe your LO can give mine a few pointers about sleeping!