Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

Birth story of Noah.

On Thursday 22/11/11 Baby Noah Alexander James decided to make his way into the world at 4.35am 3 days early.

I woke up all of a sudden I didn't know why and started getting crampy. My mucus plug had been coming out for a few days. My contractions got strong really fast, I woke my husband and popped my tens machine on and tried to breathe through it.

My contractions were coming three minutes apart. I had to phone MIL to come take care of my 3 year old DS who was in bed. After she had arrived made my way in the car to the hospital with hubbie and being driven in the car whilst having contractions was really painful.

When we got to the hospital I got a wheelchair to L and D and got asked to take urine sample which I could not. I said I want gas and air and epidural she said she could not give me anything till I was examoned after examining me she told me I was 8 to 9 cm dilated image therefore no time for epidural.

Baby's heartbeat got checked intermittedly and all was well. I was lying on my side and much to my embarrasment opened my bowels :O. Before I knew it, my waters had broken and it was time to push with three pushes baby Noah Alexander James was born at 9.15am. He weighed 9 pounds and 8 ounces.

They cut the cord and I breastfed straight away and he latched on and fed for 45 minutes image

They told me I had a graze which I could have stiches for but should heal up ok by itself so decided to let it heal naturally.

The hospital was really busy so after the birth I had a bath while hubbie cuddled baby. We had the private delivery suite to ourselves till 8 O'Clock when I got moved to the ward and hubbie went home with DS who MIL had brought into visit.

Got put on an overflow ward by myself as other ward was packed and more ladies came in later. Originally I got told I could be home by lunch-time that day, but after Noah got examined he had swollen eyes, stomach and testicles and they wanted to keep us in over-night. image

Went home at 3 O'Clock the next day after Noah's hearing got the all clear and swelling went down.

So happy with my two perfect boys.

Replies

• I'm loving reading these stories ..sounds like a fast delivery, and what's with these little boys wanting to arrive in the middle of the night?? I totally got the painful car journey contractions, we have roadworks all up to our hosp and i was crying with each ramp and pothole!

So glad Noah is ok now and you are home..take care x
  • I'm loving reading these stories ..sounds like a fast delivery, and what's with these little boys wanting to arrive in the middle of the night?? I totally got the painful car journey contractions, we have roadworks all up to our hosp and i was crying with each ramp and pothole!

So glad Noah is ok now and you are home..take care x
  • oops..trying to b feed and type :lol:
  • Wowza sounds like it all happened so fast! Glad he was all ok xxx
  • Thanks ladies, lol writer that is all I am doing at the minute multi-tasking. Can't believe he is a week old today ;.

Hope you are enjoying every minute with your bundles of joy. image