Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

Opinions on double pushchairs please

Any recommendations for double pushchairs?

We are really struggling to choose one. Here's what we're looking at:

Phil and teds - explorer/dash - don't like them. I bang my knees on the lower seat and I don't like that the lower seat doesn't recline.

Vibe - not sure about the vibe. Last time we looked there was something hubby didn't like, he can't remember what so possibly still on the cards.

Verve - a late entry that we like the look of but need to try. Downside is I've found some people who have had their frames warp and got refunds the problems are so bad. Hoping they might resolve now.

Baby jogger - city select. Loved this for ages but then tried c in the front and very difficult to get up kerbs.

Icandy - love them both but they seem to have so many bits. Size of the peach blossom seats bother me a bit too as they seem very small and I won't have small boys!

Britax b dual. Nice but don't want to have to get a different car seat.

Phil and teds - promenade. This looks great for a new p+t but may be out too late for us. Would also prefer to spend less if we could get away with it as price is on a par with icandy.

Don't like side by sides and hubby hates the ones that look like a maclaren.

Prepared to spend a bit if needed as I am planning on child minding so should get reasonable usage out of it. For that reason also needs to be good with 2 toddlers.

Any comments good or bad would be helpful. As are any comments on what you compromised on when choosing your double, and is the compromise liveable with?

Thanks ladies.

Replies

• im with you on this one.

stuck!!!!

i need to go try some out in a shop but time is fast running out and christmas is kinda in the way.

i dont want to spend a small fortune either, which seems to be unavoidable with doubles image
  • I have a Nipper 360 which I love but it is a side-by-side.
  • I have a first wheels city and a baby jogger city select.

The poeach blossom seats are just far too small for my toddler. And I don't like the p&ts.

The baby jogger side by side is narrow and a really easy fold!