Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

3D, 4D Scan

Hello everybody and happy new year image

We are thinking to have 4D Scan and to meet our little boy one more time, before he will arrive image

Its recommended to have at 26-34 weeks to do this scan. I am just wondering for advice, who had this scan imageThank you.

Replies

• Hi, I'm G/C but I would really recommend a 4D scan. I had one with both my son and my daughter and the are amazing. I had them at 30 weeks with both babies and they were so clear. x
  • G/C also but we had a 4D scan this time. We went for ours when I was 26 weeks + 5 and to be honest, it wasn't great. He had got his head snuggled into the placenta so couldn't get any clear images of him. My bump got sore from all the prodding and turning. We was sent for a walk to try and get him to move but it didn't improve. We got to go back 2 weeks later for a free re-scan and that was great image It was much clearer and was a lovely experience although I'm not sure if I'd recommend based on the first scan we had.

• Can you have one if you don't know the babies sex? Its just they seem so clear and detailed that I would have thought you would see? x
  • I had lots with ds (sonographer where I work was training) the best pics we got were at 28 & 30 weeks although did have some fab ones earlier. You can definitely have one if you don't know the sex- we didn't find out, just tell them not too look down there! I need to speak to my colleague and arrange a day when her appointments are quiet to sneak inimage
  • Can you have one if you don't know the babies sex? Its just they seem so clear and detailed that I would have thought you would see? x

Hi, G/C again but I didn't know the sex with either of mine. They started wtth a normal 2D scan first to make sure they didn't show us anything we didn't want to see and then concentrated on my babies from chest up. They had their feet by their faces and all sorts but I never got a look at any bits and pieces!!! It really was the most amazing thing, I can't recommend it enough. x
  • Thanks ladies, hubby seems keen so it looks like we will be booking one. Yay! x
  • Thank you for you advice image we will wait a few more weeks for our scan image
  • We have booked one for when I'm 27 weeks + 4

We cannot wait and hope bubba is in a good position!! As she's s bit of a wriggler!!

X x