Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any smokers in here?

Hi ladies,

as it says on the tin... are there any smokers in here? I will be the first one to put my hand up to the filthy habit.

I smoked through my last 2 pregnancies and have been smoking in total for about 20yrs however (about 10 per day)I'm going to the GP tomorrow and am going to ask for the Inhalator to try and kick the habit. My last baby stopped growing and I don't want to put this baby at risk... it's going to be hard because my husband smokes but thankfully it's always outside. I can't stand the smell of stale fags and will be happy to wave this habit goodbye.

Anyone else feel the same?

xj

Replies

• Didn't want to read and run. You are a strong person to make that commitment to kick the habit. I thought caffeine was hard. You can do it!
  • i too am a sucker for the filthy habit, i'm seeing a smoking advisor tomorrow to help me quit, i don't smoke enough to use the patches or inhalator, i have to rely solely on the gum, i quit with 2 of my previous pregnancies and cut down to just 2 a day with the others. when the midwife got me to do the breathalizer thing my result came up is 5 which shows as a non smoker xx