Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012

Emotional wreck :(

I am so up and down image It feels kind of strange that I'm grieving for a baby I never even knew I had until it was gone, and that seems to be making me feel guilty like I should have somehow known it was there or something. I feel awful that I can never tell the baby I love it, or know anything about him or her. I've not had a m/c before but I'm guessing these are all pretty normal reactions.

Then I feel really guilty that I'm upset because I'm so lucky to still have a baby in there who is hanging on for just now, although to be honest there is so much blood I'm kind of wondering how anyone could survive through it. But right now as far as I'm aware it's still there, have a scan on the 14th to see what is going on then.

And I feel guilty because so many people want to have a baby and can't, and here I am crying because one of my two didn't make it.

Where did all this guilt come from? I don't like it, I want to stop crying, and for this bit to be over, and to stop bleeding, and to see my baby still alive at the scan in 2 weeks.

Sorry probably a bit of a pointless post, I think my hormones are a bit wacky too :cry:

Hope everyone else is a bit happier than me today!! xxx

Replies

• Oh sweetheart. I'm so sorry. I probably won't be able to say anything which will make you feel better but I'm thinking of you. I have never had a miscarriage but can imagine how painful it must be emotionally. You are allowed to grieve no one will think anything less of you it is a natural reaction to what you are going through. You will never forget that little angel.

I hope everything works out in 2 weeks time. If you feel you need something else to focus on think about that little life they saw on the scan and that there is something to hope for still.

I hope I haven't said the wrong thing my husband is always moaning that I am always putting my big fat foot in it. We are always here when you need to vent x x x
  • Oh you poor thing! You must be feeling so awful. I have had a miscarriage, and I know how painful it is emotionally, I cried and cried for days and days........ Regardless of the fact that you still have a little bean inside, you have had a loss, and you are entitled to grieve for that little life. Your reactions are totally normal, please don't feel guilty. And yes, your hormones really won't be helping!!!

I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you, so you can then have the reassurance of seeing that little heartbeat.

Sending lots & lots of love and hugs. xxxxxxx
  • I'm really sorry to hear you are going through this and can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. You have nothing to feel guilty about. There is nothing you could have done to have prevented this from happening. I can't really say anything else as I have never been through this but try to be strong for the baby that's still there and I really hope that everything goes well with the remaining pregnancy x
  • I don't really think I can add more than what the other girls have said. It's true, although you have one little bean holding on you have still suffered a loss and you are allowed to grieve for that loss.

I don't know if it will give you any comfort at all but my friend had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with ds and she has a beautiful, healthy 2.5 year old daughter.

Take some time and let your emotions lead you, nothing you feel will be wrong.

xx
  • i can not add to this but keep you chin up i know it hard as an M/C is very hard i went through one but live for now that is how i got over my M/C think possitive thoughts to your bump you are in my thought hun xxx

forgot to say crying is not a bad thing at least you know where you are when i said live for now i mean if you need to cry cry if you need to just sit on your own do it just do what you feel is right as everyone deal with it in there own way
  • ah hun having an mc is an awful experience and the feelings you are feeling are all very normal - it must be so hard to get your head around thinking you were having an mc but then finding out you still have a little fighter in there too , its no wonder you are feeling all over the place.

like others have said go with how you are feeling and you will start to feel better i promise xxx
  • Oh hun, I can't even imagine what you must be going through. Just to say that you shouldn't feel guilty about any emotions you have about all of this. This is a really unique experience that not many people would share and so noone can tell you what is right or wrong to feel. Grieving for your lost baby is completely natural and having a second baby there doesn't stop you from needing to do this. I really hope everything is ok with the other baby at the next scan xx
  • I'm so sorry, I've never had a mc but I didn't want to read and run as hard as it is like the others have said try to stay positive about your little bean that's still going, thinking of you sending you lots (((((hugs))))) xxx