Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012

What would you do?

Hello, just need some advice. Im nearly 13 weeks and had my scan at 11 weeks where everything was fine, but on friday evening I had some bleeding. It wasn't a lot but it was bright red fresh blood. It only lasted about half an hour. On Sat morn I rang EPU and she just said its common and if it gets worse come straight in. I spoke to my midwife Monday morning and she reassure saying as it didn't continue not to worry and if it happens agian just go to A n E. I was happy with that but Ive woke up this morning worrying and wonder whether I should go to the doctor and ask for a scan for reassurance. I don't know if Im over reacting. What would you ladies do?

Sorry for the rambling post! xxx

Replies

• G/c from front page. I would go see doctor and ask for reassurance scan. I'm sure it is fine but my mind would be doing same as yours. X
  • Bleeding is always a worry, but if you take into account the likelihood of any problems after 12 weeks and how common spotting is, then we shouldn't worry. But we will! I would probably want to request a scan, but wouldn't in the end, as I'm a wuss at that sort of thing!! Hope its all ok, but I'm sure it will be xx

Oh, and only 7 weeks til 20 week scan!! xx
  • I'm still spotting too - been more than 2 weeks now off and on. But definitely go get checked, the EPU can check you over and scan you. If nothing else than for your peace of mind. The way I look at it is that I couldn't live with 'what if's'.

xx
  • Thanks ladie sfor your advice, hope you're spotting stops soon Ceelou and Mummy no 2. its worrying isn't it but very common so I m sure things will be fine for us all. Having said that Ive booked a private scan to put my mind at rest as can't go to epu as there is nothing wromg at the mo ( thankfully!)

take care ladies, I bet the next 6 months will fly by - scary!