Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Clomid Success Stories Please!

Hello ladies,

I'm interested in hearing about some real life experiences of Clomid. We've been trying for six months being up against irregular and loonnng cycles. My gp has said to go in for day 21 bloods and is referring hubby for an SA. Assuming there's nothing too wildly wrong, he's going to give us Clomid for three months. Now firstly I would say how lucky I feel that he's being so proactive, as I am well aware that many couples wait much longer. It's going to be a couple of months before we start as there's a backlog for the SA and I'm six weeks into my cycle with no sign of af or ov for that matter, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel image

It's really been getting us down, and at 35 I'm just scared it's never going to happen for us, so I'm rather pinning my hopes on the Clomid. I've been reading about statistics, but they just don't tell you the things you'd really like to know! Sooo, if Clomid has worked for you .....

What dosage were you on?

What length were your cycles before taking it?

What length was your cycle whilst you were taking it?

Did you have any side effects?

What cycle did you conceive on?

I'd still also like to hear from those that haven't been successful pretty much as above, but with how many unsuccessful cycles you had.

I'd be really grateful to any of you willing to share your experiences. Xx

Replies

• Hiya

I conceived after 3 years and 3 months of TTC on cycle 5 of clomid. I have PCOS and my cycles varied massively before treatment. Whilst on clomid my cycles were around the 30 day mark and I was on 50mg per day. I didn't have any side effects apart from the odd hot flush here and there in the first few days of a cycle.

Good luck! image x
  • Hi

I conceived both my boys on the second cycle of 50mg clomid. I've got PCOS and do not have a regular cycle, before my first son was born I hadn't had a period for about 4 years. Whilst on clomid my cycle was 30 days and I had no side effects at all.

Good luck, I hope you are as luck as I was with it. Xx
  • Thank you ladies - just have to get to that stage first! I just hope the timing is right with my cycles and when hubby's results come back or with my silly cycles we could lose a couple of months :roll:
  • Hi, after TTC for 2 years and 7 months I fell pregnant on my second cycle of clomid. I was on 50mg. Before taking clomid my cycle was between 45-80 days but I had 29 day cycles when I was taking clomid. I had quite a few side effects the first month I took it - headaches, hot flushes, mouth ulcers and conjunctivitis to name a few! But the second month I took clomid just before I went to bed instead of during the day and the side effects seemed to reduce dramatically.

My little girl is now just over 2 weeks old and all of the waiting was hard at the time but its more than worth it in the long run.

Good luck I hope clomid works for u too!xx
  • Hi, after 3 miscarriages and a stillbirth we were prescribed clomid. In answer to your questions,

What dosage were you on?

50mg

What length were your cycles before taking it?

anywhere between 30-40 days

What length was your cycle whilst you were taking it?

28 days, spot on

Did you have any side effects?

Only some mild cramping while ovulating

What cycle did you conceive on?

2nd

and I am happy to say that Abby is a happy healthy 5 month old now

Good luck hun x
  • Hello, I was on 50mg. My cycles were anything from 50 -75 days and once on clomid it was strange. Every other cycle gave me a bang on 28 day cycle and the ones in between were around 40 odd days. I fell pregnant on my 5th cycle and am 15 weeks now. I didn't have side effects and i took it at night. Hope this helps. Lots and lots of luck to you xxxxxx
  • i am on my second cycle of clomid just waiting for doctor to get in touch with this months results fingers crossed, dont feel pregnant though :?