Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012

A name question!

Well we thought we had our name sorted, but now we know what we are having we are having a rethink

We have Theo Nathanial (I like but don't love, also OH is an Arsenal fan and I hate the assumption the baby would be names after Theo Walcott. I would NEVER do that)

OH has always liked Rhys. It was one of our options when I was pregnant with DD, and of course was forgotten about when we knew she was a girlie

So we both still like Rhys Nathanial, so that's another option

Question one, which name do you prefer?

Question two, how would you spell the second one? Rhys or Reece?

xx

Replies

• G/C but Rhys is the welsh spelling & my preferred. Again prefer Rhys to Theo though I'd go for Theodore then accept may get shortened to Theo by school friends.
  • Reece I believe is more feminine so I would say Rhys (I so hope ive not just offended anyone who has chosen this way of spelling it for a boy!).

I like both names, so I would go with what you love.

You may find the decision is easier when you meet the little man and see which names suits him more! image

Good luck!

I love a boys names but swing between two girls names so I can relate to this. My FIL loves one of the girls names but I prefer the other one... tricky!... ha ha!

xxx
  • Now I want to know your girl names!!

At the moment when I think of Rhys I just see the guy from Hollyoaks, but with Theo I just keep thinking of the Arsenal thing. I need to work out what the lesser of two evils is! x
  • I prefer Theo Nathaniel image

I would spell it Rhys...but i'm welsh image

x x
  • G/C but did anyone see "pregnant in heels" on the bio chanel last night? there was a couple on there that hired a baby expert to find a "Think group" of educated people to discuss baby neames as they wanted one that they could "brand" they then sat through a session where another group discussed the options brought from first group (the couple were behind a two way mirror ) and even then they went on to have a dinner party for friends to discuss the names!!! In the end they went for names that noone else in any group really liked so i guess the moral of the story is , It is your baby and what you choose will be right and yes people can have an opinion but you dont have to listen( they didnt! LOL)

Oh and i like Rhys aswell. he he
  • double post! oops.

• Like some of the others have said when you meet bump the name may become clearer! I prefer the spelling Rhys Luc x
  • Ooo such a toughie! i love both names sorry! but definately spelling wise Rhys, as like crumpets pointed out i think of that as the feminine spelling (sorry if i offend). Were trying to make a short list of possible names so we can decide when hes born. Love the middle name by the way its on my shortlist image x
  • i like both but I think i prefer Rhys (def go with the welsh spelling too!).
  • Thanks everyone, I'm leaning towards Rhys Nathaniel currently

Last name is two syllables x
  • Reese Witherspoon is spelt with an 'S' not a C so I wouldn't really think about it being feminine as no girl spells it Reece!

I don't mind which spelling but I think if you have no welsh in the family or reason to spell it that way people may think it a little strange.

xxxx
  • We have welsh, my mum is half welsh. Also I went to uni in Aberystwyth so I feel a bit of an affinity to Wales!

Okay another question: OHs dad died a little over a year ago and he has now said he wants to have his dad's name in there too, David

So in your opinion, which sounds better?

Rhys Nathaniel David Latter

Rhys David Nathaniel Latter

• Also I went to uni in Aberystwyth so I feel a bit of an affinity to Wales!

x

Me too!!! When did you go and what did you study? X

And my dad is half welsh image

I think I prefer Rhys Nathaniel David....

x

And my dad is half welsh

I went in 2003, didn't complete my degree though, it wasn't really what I wanted to do but I didn't know what I wanted to do at the time! I did love it there though, so does OH, have been back a couple of times since.

I was doing media and film, how about you? Where did you live? I was in Cwrt Mawr, which was brilliant as directly across from the Co-op, next to the laundrette, computer room and bar! x
  • Guys, you are totally picking the way I like it so thanks alot! OH likes it the other way x

x

And my dad is half welsh

I went in 2003, didn't complete my degree though, it wasn't really what I wanted to do but I didn't know what I wanted to do at the time! I did love it there though, so does OH, have been back a couple of times since.

I was doing media and film, how about you? Where did you live? I was in Cwrt Mawr, which was brilliant as directly across from the Co-op, next to the laundrette, computer room and bar! x

No way! I was nearly 10 years ahead of you (1994-1997) but also lived in Cwrt Mawr in my first year and studied Theatre Film & TV!!! Did you have the delights of being taught by Richard Cheshire (creepiest man ever?!) and Daniel Meyer Dinkerhoffen - he was always so surreal! Was the Boars Head still the main drama pub when you were there? i had so many great nights in there with all the drag queens lol!
  • I don't recognise those names- I don't think they were there when I went

Hmm, Boars Head, not sure if that is there anymore either. Mind you it has a very high amount of pubs and bars so I couldn just be forgetting it! We used to drink in the Wetherspoons by the station (Yr Hen Orsaf) or the Cambrian opposite which did cocktails in pint glasses. There was a club called Yokos we used to like too, but after I left it became a strip club x